Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confederate Leaders?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Confederate Leaders? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confederate Leaders? - 9/3/2008 7:43:53 PM   
Capt Cliff

Should CSA Army Commanders and Theater Commanders be tied to a state or theater of action?

Lee almost never left Virginia except for his dallance in West Virginia (still technically Virginia), his invasions of the North and building forts along the sea coast early in the war. Beaurgard did move west to help Albert Sidney, but never came back east. Oh, the south did send a Corp west to help Bragg at Chicamauga but the western theater seemed a backwater to the east. The seat of the CSA government was in the east and the western area of the CSA was deemed unimportant. So should the CSA leaders be tied to there states? In my AI games I have fought Joe Johnston at Manasas then the next month in Clarksville and the next in Memphis. Man did he get around! Maybe army commanders need to be tied to a theater commander and can't be more that 6 to 8 areas from him.

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Confederate Leaders? - 9/3/2008 8:52:41 PM   
Harvey Birdman

In the real world, a theater commander provides administrative and logistical support functions for army commanders. So realistically they should be tied to a theater and a specific TC.

But in the wbts game world...

Indirect tactics, efficiently applied, are as inexhaustible as Heaven and Earth, unending as the flow of rivers and streams; like the sun and moon, they end but to begin anew; like the four seasons, they pass away but to return once more. Sun Tzu

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Confederate Leaders? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI