Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege battle

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege battle Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege battle - 8/25/2008 12:28:56 PM   
eske

Hi

Hosting a game where France is sieging Kassel. Hesse corps PLUS a garrison is inside the city.

France obviously gets a breach in his land phase, and since more than a corps is on the defending side, the game of France initiates exchange of battlefiles. However Russia, the controller of Hesse, can't enter the battle. He can't even get the 'You are not involved in this battle or the battle has not been started yet' message. But he can in another battle France has initiated, AND a siege battle too.

France sends the first battle file to Russia, and when put in Russias battlefile folder generates a yellow border in the area, but when the area is clicked the battlefile is deleted, and nothing else happens.... ?

Now I wonder if this is related to an occurence of the 'naval siege battle bug'. In the preceding russian naval phase Russia had the option to run a siege battle in Kassel. Russia chose 'No' to not initiate a siege battle, and generated what he expected to be a dummy naval combat file.

My question is, what to do as a host, to get the game moving.
I've tried to switch from 1.02K to 1.03.14 (even if it's not official patch yet), go back and redo russian naval (where no 'naval siege battle' occurs), then rerun all the turnfiles opto and including France land, but nothing is changed. Still not able to enter the siegebattle of Kassel...

Any advice or explanations ??

/eske

Alea iacta est
Post #: 1
RE: Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege ... - 8/25/2008 10:08:50 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Send me the game whre the Russian tries to enter the battle and cannot???

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege ... - 8/26/2008 10:20:29 AM   
eske

Done

/eske

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Naval phase siege combat bug prevents normal siege battle Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI