Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Maps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Maps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Maps? - 8/23/2008 6:50:57 PM   
Koniev

I'm in the process of making a map - a real roll out map - and I was wondering how many of you guys have a map and where they are available.

This is not an easy process. The map I'm making will have all the place names on it and, I think, before I finalize it I'll put in the paths.

Any comments or suggestions?

"Those who don't remember History are condemned to relive it" George Santayana
Post #: 1
RE: Maps? - 8/24/2008 5:46:43 PM   
zamli

tiring work but may be very helpful in this game; sometimes I just wish the map was bigget to remember some stuff and to get better planning..........

(in reply to Koniev)
Post #: 2
RE: Maps? - 3/22/2009 10:30:28 PM   
Falkon1313

I made a few many years ago, starting with screenshots. Would like to redo them now that I have better tools available, but it's a lot of work.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zamli)
Post #: 3
RE: Maps? - 3/29/2009 9:01:16 PM   
Skipjack_

I like this map.  It is big improvement on the previous version I found on the internet - the addition of base names and theater commands is nice.  It looks like this is based on version 2 of the game, correct?

(in reply to Falkon1313)
Post #: 4
RE: Maps? - 3/31/2009 12:05:55 AM   
Falkon1313

Yes, I believe it was 2.x.

To me, being able to see the command boundaries/bases clearly was critical for being able to plan without being overwhelmed, especially as a new or casual player.

(But in a different scenario, of course the commands are different.)

(in reply to Skipjack_)
Post #: 5
RE: Maps? - 9/14/2019 1:44:50 AM   
stljeffbb

Hello everyone! This is SUPER thread necromancy, however, I decided to make a map based off of screen shots. Enjoy!

This map is based off of Rich Dionne's 3.2.15 release. I was looking for something I could print on one sheet, and while that will be interesting to say the least, it does make for a very nice desktop background!

Regards,

Jeff

(in reply to Falkon1313)
Post #: 6
RE: Maps? - 9/17/2019 2:01:14 AM   
Rich Dionne

Nice job Jeff!

(in reply to stljeffbb)
Post #: 7
RE: Maps? - 9/17/2019 8:43:07 PM   
stljeffbb

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rich Dionne

Nice job Jeff!

Thanks Rich...glad you like it! You did a great job putting the map together, thanks for that! I don't recall seeing a PacWar map look so vibrant, and the England and Eastern US boxes are a great touch as well.

Jeff

(in reply to Rich Dionne)
Post #: 8
RE: Maps? - 9/22/2019 8:46:29 PM   
Rich Dionne

Jeff has inspired me to build a pacwar map based on the zoomed-in map tiles. I've also added base names and paths. The file is too big to upload on the Matrix forum, but you can find it at the link below. Enjoy!

Pacific War Map

(in reply to stljeffbb)
Post #: 9
RE: Maps? - 10/12/2019 7:35:51 PM   
JapLance

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rich Dionne

Jeff has inspired me to build a pacwar map based on the zoomed-in map tiles. I've also added base names and paths. The file is too big to upload on the Matrix forum, but you can find it at the link below. Enjoy!

Pacific War Map

Great job. Nice "high-res" map. Hopefully will be included with future versions.

Couldn't help but notice a couple of changes from current 3.2.15 map: Kolombangara base left the map and Russell Islands were placed instead, and also there's no land path between Seattle and Juneau (and then on to Anchorage).

Greetings from Spain.

(in reply to Rich Dionne)
Post #: 10
RE: Maps? - 10/13/2019 5:16:53 PM   
stljeffbb

That map is great Rich...thanks for that! I use it all the time.

Regards,

Jeff

(in reply to JapLance)
Post #: 11
RE: Maps? - 10/13/2019 5:50:17 PM   
Rich Dionne

quote:

ORIGINAL: JapLance
Couldn't help but notice a couple of changes from current 3.2.15 map: Kolombangara base left the map and Russell Islands were placed instead, and also there's no land path between Seattle and Juneau (and then on to Anchorage).

Good catch JapLance. The map I posted is a reflection of what I'm currently working on for the next revision. The change around Juneau is based on other's comments about the unlikelihood of using a land route from Juneau to Seattle. I tend to agree. Kolombangara and New Georgia are so close to each other they should really be located in the same 100x100 mile hex. Russell I. seems to me a better fit; it's more accurately placed where I show it, and it did play an important role in the Solomons island hopping campaign.

If I have time, I'll try to post the current 3.2.15 map for your use.

Regards,

Rich

(in reply to JapLance)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> Maps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI