Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Austrian Insurrection corps popping up?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 2:02:13 AM   
Jimmer

In the EiANW rules, it specifies that the ICs pop on the map (sometimes) when any "Austrian province" is entered. However, in practice, I've never seen it happen unless it's one of the eastern provinces (as in the EiA board game).

I think this is a rules deviation (from the current rulebook, but not from EIA), but don't know for sure. Has anybody seen the IC pop onto the map in any of the non-eastern provinces in Austria?

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Post #: 1
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 2:15:37 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Jimmer:

I certainly have and it is a rules deviation based on the problem of not being able to interrupt a move in the middle of the move to block the invaders (As in EiA) and place the corps so we have allowed ALL provinces to be eligible and given a basic 50/50 shot that an invader will be halted by an insurrection corps when moving into Au turf.

< Message edited by Marshall Ellis -- 8/13/2008 1:31:14 PM >

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 2:39:56 AM   
Mardonius

In my opnion, the Insurrection Corps would be a lot more powerful -- they are easy to dust now and gain free PPs -- if the Austrian could place them in his reinforcement phase in any province wherein there are enemy units. Sure it is not as per the bookcase game, it this does make them a viable asset for the Austrian.

best
Mardonius

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 3
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 1:14:46 PM   
eske

Would it be possible to give resurrection corps preset orders?

Like:
Pop up in area XXX when province YYY is entered.

Would be very close to original intension, and make them much more useful!

/eske

Alea iacta est

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 4
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 4:18:39 PM   
bresh

I think, they would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase or land phase, While enemies are inside Austria's starting border. (dont remember how placing them during own phase worked in EIA)

It would also be nice if you could give them orders(in counter menu),  since its the usual random order atm unless they get placed together.

Regards
Bresh

(in reply to eske)
Post #: 5
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/13/2008 8:56:20 PM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bresh

I think, they would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase or land phase, While enemies are inside Austria's starting border. (dont remember how placing them during own phase worked in EIA)

It would also be nice if you could give them orders(in counter menu),  since its the usual random order atm unless they get placed together.

Regards
Bresh

I would say "would work best if you can just place them in Reinforcement phase AND land phase, ...". I would agree with that wholeheartedly. It's not quite the board game's rule, but it's much closer to reasonable than only doing it when the computer feels like it.

But, the question I'm asking is actually do they come on-map when ANY Austrian is invaded? Or, just the ones to the right. So far, we have not seen them show up at all, even though France was wandering all over the western part of Austria.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 6
RE: Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? - 8/14/2008 4:49:20 PM   
Murat

In my solo games they have popped up in the west but I was France and the rest were AI so maybe it just targets invasions by real people, not AI managed MPs.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Austrian Insurrection corps popping up? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI