Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

siege relief not working right?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> siege relief not working right? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:47:25 PM   
ndrose

I posted this over at the bug tracker, but the admins were unable to reproduce it. (There are a couple of savefiles there for anyone who wants to try.) I wondered if anyone else has seen it, since I've come across it a number of times. The situation seems to be that if you relieve a siege witha single corps, no battle occurs until the following month; but with multiple corps, it works normally. (This seems to be the case whether the attempt is made by human or AI--I've seen it both ways.)

A series of illustrative screenshots to follow.
Post #: 1
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:49:21 PM   
ndrose

France (human) at war with Prussia (AI). Prussia is besieging Frankfurt.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 2
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:51:13 PM   
ndrose

I move Massena in to relieve the siege. (The usual "relieve siege?" message appears, and the Prussian corps moves out to the rural area as if for combat, but at the end of the phase, Frankfurt still has to forage.)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 3
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:52:26 PM   
ndrose

Then during land combat, nothing happens. Note "no more battles" message.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 4
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:54:19 PM   
ndrose

Nothing happens during Prussia's land phase either. In the following diplomacy phase, there they still are, occupying the same space at the same time.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 5
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:55:47 PM   
ndrose

However, what if I move two corps in? Then, the garrison does not have to forage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 6
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/8/2008 7:56:31 PM   
ndrose

And in the land combat phase, presto!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 7
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/9/2008 2:26:10 AM   
delatbabel

Yeah, nobody in the test team has been able to duplicate this. It's weird. Obviously it's a serious bug if anyone else can get it to occur.

I'll try again with fresh games later tonight on the 1.03 and 1.04 test betas and we will see what we come up with but if anyone else here can duplicate this it'd be good to know.

Issues 215 and 216 in Mantis.

--
Del

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 8
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/9/2008 2:28:42 AM   
delatbabel

ndrose: This is 1806, 12 months into the game, France is human and Prussia is AI, and France has nothing more than its original starting areas in Germany. What did you go through to set this up?

--
Del

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 9
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/9/2008 2:45:02 AM   
Dancing Bear

Del while you are at it, can you look at the difficulty of getting garrisons dropped by an army advancing into enemy territory to stay in the city. They tend to get booted into the "besieging city" unit box at the end of the diplomacy phase (and then crushed in a field combat).

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 10
RE: siege relief not working right? - 8/9/2008 5:04:54 AM   
ndrose

quote:

ORIGINAL: delatbabel

ndrose: This is 1806, 12 months into the game, France is human and Prussia is AI, and France has nothing more than its original starting areas in Germany. What did you go through to set this up?

Well, I did take a *couple* of little German states. But yeah. I like to try different things to goad the AI. In this case, I spent 1805 invading Spain and messing around in Africa, hoping Austria and Prussia would take the opportunity to stab me in the back. I even spent as long as possible in Spain, setting myself the rule that I couldn't attack Madrid until I had garrisoned all the provinces.

Prussia did finally DOW, but not until my army was back from Spain. Very gentlemanly. The AI has improved a good bit tactically; I look forward to Marshall teaching it to seize strategic opportunities.

Until then, I guess I could try declaring against Austria and Prussia myself while my army is in Spain, and see if they can get to Paris before I get back.

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> siege relief not working right? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI