Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Road Construction

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Road Construction Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Road Construction - 8/2/2008 5:42:03 AM   
doc smith

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I noticed that there is a bold dotted line roughly where there is (in current WitP) a road. You can see a road ending roughly west of Nanchang and then resuming around Changsha. I wondered if maybe a) there is a roadbed there, and b) engineers can upgrade it into a road?

Appreciate any info. Again, sorry if this was covered earlier, but there's no way to search on the forum and there are just too many subjects/comments to skim through.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Road Construction - 8/2/2008 8:21:03 AM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: doc smith

Sorry if this has already been addressed, but I noticed that there is a bold dotted line roughly where there is (in current WitP) a road. You can see a road ending roughly west of Nanchang and then resuming around Changsha. I wondered if maybe a) there is a roadbed there, and b) engineers can upgrade it into a road?

Appreciate any info. Again, sorry if this was covered earlier, but there's no way to search on the forum and there are just too many subjects/comments to skim through.

I believe that screenshot was most likely made with an earlier version of the map.

- No dotted lines, No upgrades, No roadbuilding

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to doc smith)
Post #: 2
RE: Road Construction - 8/2/2008 1:37:17 PM   
Andrew Brown

quote:

ORIGINAL: doc smith

Originally there was a plan to include the ability to build certain defined roads and railways in AE, but as Treespider has mentioned this was not included. The screenshot shows an early version of the map with a section of railway that was not built, but intended to be able to be build during the game. The current map does not include dashed ("not built") roads/railways, since that feature is not included.

Andrew

(in reply to doc smith)
Post #: 3
RE: Road Construction - 8/3/2008 1:15:14 AM   
Tophat1815

Will that feature be added? Or is it a dead issue?

(in reply to Andrew Brown)
Post #: 4
RE: Road Construction - 8/3/2008 2:52:28 AM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Will that feature be added? Or is it a dead issue?

Currently it is dead....perhaps in a future patch.

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Tophat1815)
Post #: 5
RE: Road Construction - 8/3/2008 7:22:41 AM   
JeffroK

Now you've done it, next thread will be "When is the first patch for AE going to be released?"

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 6
RE: Road Construction - 8/3/2008 1:02:36 PM   
khyberbill

Soon!!

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Road Construction Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI