Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WWII?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> WWII? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WWII? - 7/23/2008 4:29:02 AM   
panzers

I just bought the game.
Is there no way to play the WWII campaign against the AI? Very strange. Someone help me out with this. I bought this game thinking I can play the campaign since I don't know how to do the pbem thing(too complex to understand)

< Message edited by panzers -- 7/23/2008 4:31:41 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: WWII? - 7/23/2008 9:33:21 AM   
british exil

You can play ww2 against the AI.
You've got the Russia 41 scenario. WAW needs a lot of computer muscle to play but it's possible.

What scenario are you playing? Or did you want to play?

You've done the right thing, posting a thread in the forum.
There a lots of players who are willing to help.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 2
RE: WWII? - 7/23/2008 11:11:10 AM   
panzers

The only thing I see is a fictitionan scenerio where it is a WWII setting but everyone is equal. That's hardly a WWII campaign.
Am I required to do some serious camplaign editing from the diplomatic scenerio to get it done?
I want the 1939 scenerio for the AI. I don't want Barbarrossa. Why dod they see fit to make it a pbem scenerio only?

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 3
RE: WWII? - 7/23/2008 11:21:11 AM   
serg3d1

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers
Why dod they see fit to make it a pbem scenerio only?

Universal rule of the game design: majority of the buyers play single-player, but multiplayer crowd is more vocal, game reviewers require multiplayer, and it's lot more easy to design multiplayer then design AI.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 4
RE: WWII? - 7/23/2008 12:09:47 PM   
Widell

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers
The only thing I see is a fictitionan scenerio where it is a WWII setting but everyone is equal. That's hardly a WWII campaign.
Am I required to do some serious camplaign editing from the diplomatic scenerio to get it done?
I want the 1939 scenerio for the AI. I don't want Barbarrossa. Why dod they see fit to make it a pbem scenerio only?

Have a look in the scenario bank at http://www.advancedtactics.org/ . You'll find stuff to try out. For example, the scenario by Delyn Locksmith which starts in 39. Not sure if it's approved, or pending or in the sandbox. Anyway, that one's vs AI only.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 5
RE: WWII? - 7/23/2008 12:16:44 PM   
Barthheart

If you go to the AT developers site there is a scenario bank with lots of user made scenarios. There you can get a scenario called WaW - World at War. It will play with the AI but it takes the AI a LONG time to complete it's turn. So you can play that way but you must be patient. The AI is onot the best at this scenario because it presently does not handle some things very well. Set the AI to play Germany/ Japan at AI+ for some good fun but slow.

The other "human only" scenarios could probably be modified to play with the AI but no one has taken the time yet.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to serg3d1)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> WWII? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI