Recon/raids questions

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

Nibelung

Recon/raids questions

Post by Nibelung »

Does it achieve anything to make this kind of operation with several cav leaders at the same time, it does not seems.

Does the #of cav/mounted is taken into account in the success?

a remark: I find strange that you have no chance of detecting some of the enemies if you don't do recon, when adjacent. You should have some chances of doing that by just being in the region next to him.
WarHunter

RE: Recon/raids questions

Post by WarHunter »

Based on my experience with scouting, more brigades scouting is better. Especially if the force has screening cavalry.

If you have 4 seperate cavalry brigades, sending them in 1 at a time versus a 2brigade screening force will see not see great results. Sending all 4 in the best leader will take command and you will see a better chance of scouting.
If there is no screening force, sending them in 1 at a times is a better choice. Leader stats play a big part but so does the number of units tasked to scout.

All that being said, sometimes you can send in a superior force and "roll" badly scouting little or nothing.

I would not mind seeing a approximate number show up under the "shadow" figure if a unit has not moved in months. Counting campfires at night is a good passtime in quite sectors of the line.
“We never felt like we were losing until we were actually dead.”
Marcus Luttrell
willgamer

Post by willgamer »

ORIGINAL: WarHunter

I would not mind seeing a approximate number show up under the "shadow" figure if a unit has not moved in months. Counting campfires at night is a good passtime in quite sectors of the line.

It's just chrome, but I'd also like to see the cavalry unit that's doing the screening 100% of the time, since if they are screening, that is who you "see".[X(]
Rex Lex or Lex Rex?
Nibelung

Post by Nibelung »

thanks for the answers

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”