From: Santa Rosa, CA
Here's the list of what's going to be in the first patch for WBTS. The first patch should be available within the next few days (we're just doing final testing now).
· New Features
1. New Feature - A red arrow is now displayed on the map in a reagion if any leader in the area has initiative. Along with this, the location of the supply depot symbol on the map has been moved from the right of the units in a region to the left of the regions and below the red initiative arrow.
2. New Feature - Added additional info to after battle text report ('e' key report) to provide the leader info (attack rating, defense rating, appropriate skill rating) for leaders listed as wounded, killed or captured.
3. New Feature - A message will now be displayed when Kentucky neutrality is violated listing the number of Political Points lost by the invading player. Also, a message will be displayed at the moment Kentucky joins either the Union or the Confederacy. These messages will be logged into the 'e' key report.
4. New Feature - A message will be displayed after a cavalry raid stating the region the raiders have returned to.
5. Rule Change – In section 18.104.22.168, when the ADV (area defense value) is calculated for a region, 10 is added if there is a Level 1 fort in the area, and 40 is added if there is a Level 2 fort in the area.
1. Bug Fix – A change was made to attempt to improve scrolling on some computers that were experiencing especially slow scrolling. If you are experiencing slow scrolling, be sure to adjust your Scroll Speed setting on the preference screen. This can be set as low as .25 in order to speed up scrolling.
2. Bug Fix - If the preference "show no infrastructure or supplies" is not in use, then the ghost "hidden unit" symbol was not being displayed in an area that has some infrastructure. It appears that resources, factories, rail, and maybe supplies were taking precedence over the ghost symbol, but they no longer will do this.
3. Bug Fix - Ships were able to bombard adjacent heavy artillery while in the production phase. This is no longer allowed.
4. Bug Fix - When bombarding an area with friendly units, heavy artillery of the bombarding side would participate in the battle and friendly leaders would lose their initiative. Now, when a player clicks on the bombard button in this case, he will get a message that says "May not bombard an area containing friendly units".
5. Bug Fix - There was at least one repeatable instance when the game crashed during movement animations. A change was made to prevent this from happening.
6. Bug Fix – Unattached cavalry were not paying +1 MP to enter an enemy area. This has been corrected.
7. Bug Fix - In some cases, units in combat that were not attached to a leader would end up receiving a die roll modifier from a leader that they shouldn’t benefit from (in some cases the leader could even be an enemy leader). This has been corrected.
8. Bug Fix – During combat resolution of naval combat, it was possible to get an incorrect message about which side was falling back after the combat. This has been fixed.
9. Bug Fix – The Scouted Level of a region was not always being used to spot units just prior to the combat phase as it was supposed to be. This has been corrected.
10. Bug Fix – There was a small mistake in the formula that calculates the Scouted Level in areas that had supply units. This has been corrected.
11. Bug Fix – Damaged ships were illegally moving through enemy units to reach factories. This has been corrected.
12. Bug Fix – Added several movement arrows to the database that were missing between regions, several of them between Mississippi river areas.
· AI Enhancements
1. Improved AI - Improved the Union AI ability to counter Confederate attacks in Missouri.