Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wargamer and matrix connection

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Wargamer and matrix connection Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wargamer and matrix connection - 6/24/2008 3:12:16 AM   
sullafelix

I have read that you have some monetary or whatever stake in the wargamer website. If this is not true than I apologize, if it is please do something about the following. I sent the following to the administration of the wargamer and seeing as how I never received any answer back to my last problem I'm posting it here. I'm sorry and delete it if you have no connection to the wargamer.

" This was written on 6/22/08 by Jarhead0331

" Anyone else find it troubling that a guy named "Mohamed ElBaradei" is the head of the United Nations' nuclear watchdog agency?!?! This is the guy that is responsible for ensuring that countries like Iran and Syria don't build a working nuclear weapons program? "

I can't believe that your moderators or Admins have not deleted this post and said something to the poster. I was a member of your forums until I was threatened by another member and asked that something be done about it. I asked that my membership be voided when that member was not policied in any way ( banned ).

But this is really too much. my wife is lebanese ( a christian if that helps ) and my children are half. Her family are hard working Americans who have fought in it's wars etc.. To think that because someone has an Arabic name means that they are " bad" is disgusting.

I never even received an answer to the email when I was threatened, so I don't expect one now.I will however post this on Matrix's forums because I know they have some interest or whatever in your website.

"
Post #: 1
RE: Wargamer and matrix connection - 6/24/2008 3:50:41 AM   
Joram

I think there is an advertising agreement but Wargamer is run independantly.  So don't think you are going to get any traction here.  Personally I found the post a bit distasteful too but he is entitled to his opinion. 

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 2
RE: Wargamer and matrix connection - 6/24/2008 3:51:47 AM   
panzers

This needs to be locked. Sorry you're having problems with them, but please don't bring them in our matrix forum. I would suggest you write to the matrix staff rather than use it in a public forum.

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 3
RE: Wargamer and matrix connection - 6/24/2008 4:01:58 AM   
Gem35

Yes, please lock this thread, all it is going to do is stir up political diatribes from people and it is not in anyone's best interest to comment on anything political in nature on a gaming forum.
Sorry you have had your feelings hurt sulla05.

It doesn't make any sense, Admiral. Were we better than the Japanese or just luckier?

Banner By Feurer Krieg

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 4
RE: Wargamer and matrix connection - 6/24/2008 4:03:02 AM   
Erik Rutins

Sulla05,

One of our owners also owns part of Wargamer, which came to pass when they were deep in debt and needed an investor to save them. The decision was made that we would rather not have Wargamer go under as (at the time) the only major wargame site on the web, but we also wanted them to keep their independence or saving them would be pointless.

The companies are independently run and we have absolutely no say over them in any way. Their policies are their own, everything they write or do is independent from us and not in any way part of our decision or management process. They have their own management (Jim Zabek) and their own staff. If you have a problem with their forums, please keep taking it up with them as I can't do anything to help out whatsoever.

Thread locked because the first post definitely deals with subjects that go outside our "no politics" policy.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Wargamer and matrix connection Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI