Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to review reports?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> How to review reports? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 8:33:27 PM   
Grotius

Is there a way to review reports about which leaders were promoted and whatnot? I set delay of messages to 7.0, but these things still disappear too fast for me. After my most recent movement phase, I just managed to read that Bragg was promoted to two-star, and maybe one other message -- but I missed the remaining 30 messages. I'm not talking about the combat reports screen -- I know that can be retrieved. I mean the info screens.

Incidentally, after 3 or 4 turns, I still don't ever remember seeing a message about a successful training effort. Would this be on the same info screen?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 8:38:16 PM   
Joel Billings

Press the "e" key to get a listing of recent text messages. Also, remember you can press the pause button on any message to get the message to remain longer if you want it to.

There are no messages about training, the units simply change to the new unit type. The leader's number of successes in their rollover information will increase though with each unit trained.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 2
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 8:39:07 PM   
Grotius

Er, I think I answered my first question: the "E" hotkey brings up recent reports, I guess. In the meantime, I'm going to set message delay to at least 15 seconds.

I'm still curious about training, though. It's October 1861 and I have yet to see any message that I successfully trained anyone. I check all my militia every turn anyway, but it would be gratifying to see that all my efforts to attach them to good trainers are paying off.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 3
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 8:40:27 PM   
Grotius

Ah, OK, thanks for the info on training. Personally, I think it'd be a bit more satisfying to see a text message in the report saying "Bragg successfully trains 2 Ala" or some such. But it's not that a big deal. I will start paying more attention to my trainers' "success" rollover.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 4
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 9:08:32 PM   
Joel Billings

We thought that people would get overwhelmed by all the training messages, since you can have a lot of units trained in any given turn.

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 5
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 9:16:23 PM   
Grotius

I can see that. That's a reasonable choice.

I suppose a compromise might be a group of messages in a *.txt file somewhere, the way WITP generates a combatreport.txt every turn, but it's not a big deal.

I'm finally starting to "get" this game. I love all the different roles for leaders -- admin, training, cavalry, infantry, naval, etc. It's neat to see that building a fort costs more depending on who supervises the construction. That is cool. I'm pretty addicted now!

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 6
RE: How to review reports? - 6/14/2008 10:38:37 PM   
Frido1207

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius
Personally, I think it'd be a bit more satisfying to see a text message in the report saying "Bragg successfully trains 2 Ala" or some such.

I second that.
Would love to see a text message saying X Mil trained to Inf in Y by Z. (Something similar to the production text message)

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> How to review reports? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI