1. Any previous experience in testing software.
I was a beta tester for CWiF, Conquest.
I have worked as a software engineer - including unit testing, regression testing, and acceptance testing.
I have also done quite a lot of playtesting of borad games - such as WiF FE, and FoG.
2. Your experience of cardboard and paper World in Flames (we strive for equal numbers of Newbies and Grognards on the team)
a. Newbie - Never played WiF but it looks great
b. Recruit - Playing WiF occasionally (or played a lot a long time ago)
c. Average - Currently playing WiF on a regular basis
d. Grognard - Rules guru
Used to be d - but now reduced to be a b.
I was a playtester for Wif FE.
3. Your experience with CWIF (Australian Design Group's ealrier version of a computerized World in Flames).
c. A lot
C - but none since it was taken over by Matrix.
4. Your PC specification. (just the basics):
a. CPU speed
c. Operating system
d. Screen resolution for your monitor(s)
AMD X2 4200+, 2GB RAM, Vista Home Prem, 2560x1600 (nVidia 9500)
5. Whether you have: (a) access to multiple computers for testing play over the Internet and/or (b) multiple email accounts for testing PBEM.
I still have the Gateway 9300 laptop I used when I was testing CWiF, The DELL inspiron 9100 that replaced, and an ASUS EEEPC 901 (Atom, 2GB, W7 RC, 1024x600), and a Virtual PC on the main PC with W7 RC.
I currently have 2 email accounts - and could get more if required.
P.S. This will be the last recruitment 'drive' for beta testers before the initial release.
After a very long wait it will be good to see it released.