Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I hate it when this happens...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> I hate it when this happens... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I hate it when this happens... - 5/20/2008 8:42:00 PM   
Poopyhead

Well it’s April ’43 and things are heating up! HidE decided to send all of the Japanese battleships to attack my new base at Paramashiro. Admiral Lee commanded a TF of my own with ten BB’s that I sent there to prevent this. Lee’s TF at first jumped the gun and attacked a small transport TF (shredding it), while the Kaigun hit its target. However, this turn he managed to ambush the Japanese. Aiming with radar, the USN pounded several of the Japanese battlewagons for double and triple *’s. Taking damage and with no targets to aim at, the Japanese then immediately fled into the night without returning fire. However, I had sent the British BB’s of the Eastern Fleet to Perth in a Cargo TF and then on to Brisbane. I used them to attack the Japanese in Australia. They went to Rockhampton, but did no damage. I had forgotten to switch them out of the cargo TF! So I put them in a bombardment TF and sent them back. Unfortunately, HidE had two CV TF’s waiting to ambush them. The Brits suffered several large swarms of aircraft before retreating. The amazing thing is, no ships on either side were sunk!

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.
Post #: 1
RE: I hate it when this happens... - 5/20/2008 10:49:48 PM   
Capt. Harlock

The Japanese are in Rockhampton? Shame on the Ozzies . . .

Well, battleships are supposed to be the hardest ships to sink. And in April '43, the upgraded AAA makes them considerably more resistant to air attack. Too bad you couldn't bag any Japanese BB's at Paramushiro, but one round of combat is generally not enough to inflict fatal damage. (I'm guessing you had a number of the older and slower American BB's there, so they couldn't close the range.)

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 2
RE: I hate it when this happens... - 5/21/2008 6:56:58 PM   
Poopyhead

HidE's BB TF is stuck at Paramushiro. I've moved my carriers there, along with lots of LBA's. We'll see if he can slip away the way the Brits did. Maybe Pearl Harbor gets avenged!

Astrologers believe that your future is determined on the day that you are born.
Warriors know that your future is determined on the day that your enemy dies.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 3
RE: I hate it when this happens... - 5/21/2008 10:36:11 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Poopyhead

HidE's BB TF is stuck at Paramushiro. I've moved my carriers there, along with lots of LBA's. We'll see if he can slip away the way the Brits did. Maybe Pearl Harbor gets avenged!

Best of luck -- I confess to being an Allied Fanboy. Be aware that April is a transition month for the Arctic weather zone. (Air operations are best in May through September in PacWar version 3.2, almost useless in November through March.)

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 4
RE: I hate it when this happens... - 5/22/2008 3:43:52 AM   
Skipjack

Yes, good luck in the arctic weather zone - especially with the Air combat. How about some screen shots? - for us surface combat fanboys

< Message edited by Skipjack -- 5/22/2008 3:46:10 AM >

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 5
RE: I hate it when this happens... - 5/15/2009 8:59:38 PM   
jackyo123

I shared your frustration, until, recently, reread a couple of my old favorite pacific war history books ( John Costello The Pacific War 1941-1945 and The Rising Sun by John Toland) - battleships, cruisers, and occassionaly even destroyers survived aerial attacks quite frequently, especially when it wasn't sustained. By mid-war, firefighting techniques were much improved, and it wasnt uncommon for some of the heavier armed ships to take qute a pounding.

For instance - to sink the Musashi - Halsey's fleet put 11 torpedoes and something like 30 bombs into her before she went down - she was still making over 20 knots after the first two raids, with 4 torps in her and one of her turrets totally jammed from bomb damage.

My favorite chinese restaurant in Manhattan -
http://www.mrchow.com

The best computer support firm in NYC:
http://www.thelcogroup.com

Coolest internet toolbar:
http://www.stumbleupon.com

(in reply to Poopyhead)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Pacific War: The Matrix Edition >> I hate it when this happens... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI