Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Commendation for Matrix on PCK

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Commendation for Matrix on PCK Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/1/2008 8:18:50 PM   
thewood1

In an era of companies dumping bug-ridden and incomplete games on its loyal fans, I would like to publically commend Matrix for having a pretty clean release and launch for PCK. While PCWS gave them some good experience, I view PCK as different enough that there was potential risk for some issues.

I am glad Matrix has stayed independent from the big distribution companies and thus avoided the pressure to release crap.

IMO, Matrix and BFC always somewhat competed for the independent wargame company mantra, but with BFC's sideways moves with CMSF, and Matrix's great release with PCK, I vote we hand the undisputed crown to them.
Post #: 1
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/2/2008 2:54:58 AM   
Erik Rutins

Thank you wood, I'm glad the release has been relatively problem-free. We're chasing down one last bizarre issue affecting a few customers. Other than that I think we've pretty much fixed everything that has come up as far as actual bugs.

I should be able to post a 1.01e tomorrow for an official 1.01 release next week.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 2
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/2/2008 5:45:02 AM   
Prince of Eckmühl

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

In an era of companies dumping bug-ridden and incomplete games on its loyal fans, I would like to publically commend Matrix for having a pretty clean release and launch for PCK. While PCWS gave them some good experience, I view PCK as different enough that there was potential risk for some issues.

I am glad Matrix has stayed independent from the big distribution companies and thus avoided the pressure to release crap.

IMO, Matrix and BFC always somewhat competed for the independent wargame company mantra, but with BFC's sideways moves with CMSF, and Matrix's great release with PCK, I vote we hand the undisputed crown to them.

I want to be careful in posting a response to this as I'm not completely certain what the exact nature of the relationship between Matrix and Koiosworks is. If they are one in the same, then, yes indeed, hats off to Matrix.

I own three games that wear the Koiosworks label. All are as thewood1 describes, at least in terms of the quality elements involved, stability, and, so on. While there are aspects of one of the designs that I've taken issue with, the quality of presentation is always outstanding.

Conversely, there are some games that Matrix "publishes" that are far less sound than those from KW. I'm not gonna go potty on them here, or elsewhere, for sake of making a point, but this particular line of products, those from Koios, deserves a lot of credit for the TLC that's typified their issue.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)

< Message edited by Prince of Eckmühl -- 5/2/2008 5:49:23 AM >

Government is the opiate of the masses.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/2/2008 3:53:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

You're quite right that a lot of credit goes to Koios for the relatively problem-free release and some of the fixes since. We did this as a team effort with a lot of involvement from Matrix too though and it probably consumed 50% of my personal work time for the last year and a half, so I'll accept a bit of credit for Matrix too. Also not to be forgotten are the other key members of our Matrix team, including Stridor and Mobius who have been invaluable from start to finish.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Prince of Eckmühl)
Post #: 4
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/3/2008 2:47:43 PM   
Grell

I knew you were in head first Erik just by your posts, so I want to compliment you on a great game even though I don't have it yet.

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/4/2008 4:36:18 AM   
06 Maestro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

and it probably consumed 50% of my personal work time for the last year and a half, so I'll accept a bit of credit for Matrix too.

Good grief-I guess I should quit procrastinating and buy this game.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/4/2008 9:44:40 AM   
rickier65

Grell,

Have you picked this up yet? I think I saw on another forum that you had PCOWS - If you can swing it, PCK is pretty good game.

Rick

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 7
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/5/2008 6:21:16 PM   
Agrippa

I would also like to mention how happy I have been with Erik's tireless responses to questions.  Thank you!

Salute,

Agrippa

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 8
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/8/2008 9:54:46 AM   
FNG

I am going to add a 'me too' to this thread. I am especially pleased that PCK runs on lower spec systems - I travel a lot for my job and my company laptop isn't too hot on 3D acceleration  PCK runs really well (if not as prettily as on my home machine!). The fact that the eye-candy is less sweet does not diminish the gameplay at all, which is superb.

I really enjoyed PCOWS and am now enjoying the expansion and development of a great system. Keep up the great work - I do not know of any other company that discusses with and listens to its community so much. Hats off especially to Erik for his tireless efforts on the forums.

FNG
Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

(in reply to Agrippa)
Post #: 9
RE: Commendation for Matrix on PCK - 5/8/2008 11:21:35 PM   
Kineas

Yes, the commendation is well deserved. The 1.0 release is playable and stable, even in multiplayer. Congrats for the release!

(in reply to FNG)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Commendation for Matrix on PCK Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI