Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Possible bug - how to fix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Possible bug - how to fix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Possible bug - how to fix? - 4/30/2008 11:48:14 PM   
OG_Gleep

I had a convoy of AKs/Aps resupplying Lungaville from Noumea. I stopped it b/c I needed the lift and disbanded it at noumea. When reforming, I was able to select the ship(s) I wanted.

When I loaded troops to that convoy, when I got back to the ship screen there were additional ships, some that had started to load other regiments.

Example: Created a single ship TF, 2000 AP. Intent was to load the 13th Airforce HQ. Hit load troops, got to the LCU screen, picked the 13th AF and hit done. When I got back to the TF screen, there was another ship in the TF (total of 2) that had started to load an Aus brigade.

The first time, 2 turns ago, I tried to load 1 base force in 2 ships and when I got back to the TF screen, every cargo ship (LCI, LST, AP, AK) was in the TF.

How do I fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/1/2008 12:51:12 AM   
tocaff

Hate that too?  We all do. 

What I do to avoid it is to form 1 or 2 TF with all of my transports and then start the tedious loading, 1 ship at a time and then form the TF (s) as needed.  It stinks and takes time, but it works.  Of course I have a save for each turn so that if it happens I start the turn again to deal with it.  

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to OG_Gleep)
Post #: 2
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/1/2008 8:03:37 AM   
OG_Gleep

Very irky.

Do you have a technique that will stop them from leaving port before they are fully loaded?

This just started happening in the last 40 turns. Troop convoy's with 50% loaded, fuel TFs with 1/4 loaded and then they steam off to their destinations.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 3
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/1/2008 5:52:39 PM   
tocaff

Partial loads are something that happens from time to time.  Is the trans TF set to patrol/do not retire or to follow another TF?  If so don't do those 2 settings.  I don't know anything else to tell you about this problem.

Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768

(in reply to OG_Gleep)
Post #: 4
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/1/2008 9:14:20 PM   
OG_Gleep

Hrm that could be. I know that they weren't set to follow, but they might be patrol/do not retire. I'll give that a try.

(in reply to tocaff)
Post #: 5
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/3/2008 12:15:17 AM   
DEB

Two thoughts.

1. Movement of some units may "attract" the AI to "nominate" other units as "support" ( and provide ships for them also ) - this would seem logical with HQ units for instance.

2. If you choose "load troops" then the AI may presume that you will want to send supplies also and will provide extra ships for that purpose. If you want to load troops without this occurring then I would suggust that you try the " load troops only" option.

Todate, I cannot recall the problems you mention occurring in my "game", although I have not played it since the 2.4 patch. Did any of these problems occur before the 2.4 patch or did they start afterwards?

(in reply to OG_Gleep)
Post #: 6
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/12/2008 8:49:33 AM   
OG_Gleep

Ya this would be in 2.5. For some reason, I am getting the "Load Only Troops" as the only option sometimes, so its for both. Don't know exactly what is causing it, and its happening for cargo as well.

(in reply to DEB)
Post #: 7
RE: Possible bug - how to fix? - 5/12/2008 10:04:30 PM   
Denniss

It happens from time to time. It look like the status of a TF is not fully cleared upon remove (lost/sunk or disbanded). I sometimes swap TF around and sometimes a TF number, which was originally associated to an AK fleet, has now become an AP fleet and vice versa. That's why you sometimes only get "Load only troops" insted of this and "Load Troops".
This may also be a hole where troops loded onto a TF get (partially) lost on the way to their target.

(in reply to OG_Gleep)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Possible bug - how to fix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI