Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can I do this somehow:

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Can I do this somehow: Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can I do this somehow: - 4/28/2008 5:17:19 PM   
KenClark

(1) I (GB) am beseiging a French garrison in Toulon. The remnants of the French fleet are there, and are blockaded. If the French garrison starves to death prior to the land movement phase, how can I tell my troops to enter the city if they are attacked by Napoleon? I tried to set this up but I don't see how it can work.

(2) Blockade light ships to prevent them going on Piracy missions. I was blockading the French fleet, and all its light ships disappeared into the piracy night. Is this intended, or is there some way I can stop them from being pirates?

Thanks,

Ken
Post #: 1
RE: Can I do this somehow: - 4/28/2008 7:07:04 PM   
Grognot

(1) voluntarily retiring into city from the field -- is presently unimplemented.  No way to do that, AFAICT.

(2) sounds like a bug.   "Oh, you're pirates, go on ahead" seems unlikely.

(in reply to KenClark)
Post #: 2
RE: Can I do this somehow: - 4/28/2008 7:25:39 PM   
Jimmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: KenClark

(1) I (GB) am beseiging a French garrison in Toulon. The remnants of the French fleet are there, and are blockaded. If the French garrison starves to death prior to the land movement phase, how can I tell my troops to enter the city if they are attacked by Napoleon? I tried to set this up but I don't see how it can work.

(2) Blockade light ships to prevent them going on Piracy missions. I was blockading the French fleet, and all its light ships disappeared into the piracy night. Is this intended, or is there some way I can stop them from being pirates?

Thanks,

Ken

1) This is not only not possible, it is also not needed. If the French attack you, then you wind up fighting, and the garrison does not forage. If the French do not attack you, then you can move in during your next land move or reinforcement phase, whichever comes first.

This is due mainly to an unacknowledged logic flaw in the way siege combats are relieved. If a corps comes to make an attempt to relieve the siege, the siege is relieved BEFORE the factors in the city have to forage. So, the factors in the city do not forage at all. Exception: I'm not sure what happens to a corps in a besieged city.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to KenClark)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Can I do this somehow: Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI