Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sighting Lines

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Sighting Lines Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sighting Lines - 4/21/2008 3:22:45 PM   
Agrippa

Is there a way to limit or turn off the sighting lines? For realism sake, I don't think all the information should be available. I was also wondering what settings provide the most realistic game experiance? How do the different difficulty settings change things?

< Message edited by Agrippa -- 4/21/2008 3:24:12 PM >

Salute,

Agrippa
Post #: 1
RE: Sighting Lines - 4/21/2008 4:43:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Agrippa
Is there a way to limit or turn off the sighting lines? For realism sake, I don't think all the information should be available. I was also wondering what settings provide the most realistic game experiance? How do the different difficulty settings change things?

Which information are you looking to limit exactly? You still will see only what your unit sees once its selected, the sighting/targeting lines just help you see what it can see and what it is shooting at.

Realism/immersion-wise, if I understand what you are aiming for, you'd want to turn Limit Infantry OFF, Verbose Messages OFF, turn off Unit Icons, limit the rubberband display to single unit only and probably play at Level 1 in terms of height. There's no way to turn off the mini-map, HUD or event list completely though as this was designed to make playing the game less "work" rather than aiming for a "total immersion" environment.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Agrippa)
Post #: 2
RE: Sighting Lines - 4/21/2008 5:36:26 PM   
Bad Santa

Is there a way to turn on the targeting and movement path lines for all of your units at the same time during the orders phase?  In scenarios with lots of units, it's hard to keep track of where each unit is going in relation to the others, since you have to click on each HQ unit individually to see the paths.

The cake is not a lie.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Sighting Lines - 4/21/2008 6:41:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, the "U" key toggles between showing paths for the selected Unit / Platoon / Side. Try it out - you do need to select a unit for the paths to show up though.

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Bad Santa)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> Sighting Lines Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI