Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 4:00:44 PM   
sven6345789

Question to the developers of AE does it make sense to start the PBEM now? If AE comes out in two months, no, if it comes out in 8 months, it may. I will probably turn over to AE once it comes out, and because of my limited time, can only manage one PBEM (that would be AE).
This is not, i repeat NOT an "is it out yet?...and now?" thread. Just don't want to start an PBEM and then end after a month or so

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943
Post #: 1
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 4:23:03 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: sven6345789

Question to the developers of AE does it make sense to start the PBEM now? If AE comes out in two months, no, if it comes out in 8 months, it may. I will probably turn over to AE once it comes out, and because of my limited time, can only manage one PBEM (that would be AE).
This is not, i repeat NOT an "is it out yet?...and now?" thread. Just don't want to start an PBEM and then end after a month or so

As a player, rather than a developer, I'll probably play against the AI initially to get a feel for how the AE works.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 2
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 4:31:17 PM   
Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin
As a player, rather than a developer, I'll probably play against the AI initially to get a feel for how the AE works.

A VERY sensible suggestion. Enough is different in AE to make a "vs the AI" session almost a neccesity just to discover the differences and how they will change your strategies/tactics.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 3
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 7:30:40 PM   
Chad Harrison

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

A VERY sensible suggestion. Enough is different in AE to make a "vs the AI" session almost a neccesity just to discover the differences and how they will change your strategies/tactics.

Especially considering that there will be early patches that will tweak this or that after all of us initially play the game. When you consider how important the first couple of months of game time are, I fully intent on starting the game out either against the AI or PBEM on the new, smaller scenarios.

Once some major bugs have been squashed, I will make the plunge and start the main event.

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 4
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 8:00:44 PM   
sven6345789

guess i will start one then.

Bougainville, November 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. It rained today.

Letter from a U.S. Marine,November 1943

(in reply to Chad Harrison)
Post #: 5
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 9:24:47 PM   
Fishbed

Actually, I started my first PBEM with a friend using a "regional" scenario (Aka the SOPAC campaign). I will keep the great campaign for AE, so I don't have to give up and start a new one then 
IMHO a regional scenario is already a good start for getting in touch with PBEM.

(in reply to sven6345789)
Post #: 6
RE: planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale - 4/16/2008 9:56:52 PM   
Saso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

Actually, I started my first PBEM with a friend using a "regional" scenario (Aka the SOPAC campaign). I will keep the great campaign for AE, so I don't have to give up and start a new one then
IMHO a regional scenario is already a good start for getting in touch with PBEM.

Yes, me too.
I don't still have played a big scenario but I've started two PBEM using a small scenario.
In the meantime I'll start the CHS 160 scenario (vs. AI) to understand the Japanese industry.

(in reply to Fishbed)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> planning PBEM, will change to AE once it is for sale Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI