From: Vermont, USA
Please note that it this update is still a BETA and is NOT FULLY TESTED.
A key change is some issues that had been introduced quite late into the Boot Camp Campaign. I had tested the individual scenarios right before release, but these issues only showed up in the Campaign process and caused some units to show up with zero strength. Of course, this only affected the Boot Camp Campaign. Apologies to everyone for that!
If you're having trouble with Boot Camp, I recommend applying this update and trying again.
The file is in our Members Club for all registered owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov. It's just a zip file for now, it will get an installer later. Unzip it with all the directories intact to your main Panzer Command: Kharkov installation folder and it will work fine.
v1.01a - c had a new "slowdown" bug. If you were experiencing this, please upgrade to v1.01d+ and it will be resolved.
v1.01h fixes a bug in v1.01g that broke some functions relating to saved games, especially for PBEM.
How to Download from the Members Club:
1. Click on the MEMBERS link in our top navigation bar to get to the Members Club. If you don't already have a Members Club login (this is separate from the Forum login) then you'll have to create one (click on Sign Up Now). Assuming you've created one, login to the Members Club (click on log-in).
2. Once you've logged in, you need to register your copy of Panzer Command: Kharkov. Click on "Register Game" in the left menu of links or "Register You Game" (typo there, whoops) in the central links.
3. Choose Panzer Command: Kharkov from the drop-down list, type in your serial number and register it by clicking on the Register Game button.
4. Now that you've registered, click on My Games in the left menu of links.
5. Panzer Command: Kharkov should show up in that list. You should see a "Private Downloads" link next to it. Click on "Private Downloads" next to Panzer Command: Kharkov in your My Games list.
6. You should now see a link to download the beta patch. Once you've downloaded it, run it to install it in your existing Kharkov installation.
v1.01h - First (Beta) Update, May 15, 2008
1. The RBG, RCG, HQ Helper, Scenario Editor and Campaign Editor now all work fine with Internet Explorer 6.0. There is no longer any requirement to have Internet Explorer 7.0, though the tools will likely run faster with it than with 6.0. Since Internet Explorer 6.0 is installed by default with Windows XP, this means that these tools now work fine with an "out of the box" XP installation.
2. The Scenario Editor now enforces US date format strictly. If you do not use a US date format in your scenarios, it may cause the game to hang.
3. The Random Battle Generator now makes better use of template placements to increase density for larger point battles.
4. The Random Battle Generator now uses more historical default platoon sizes for each side and unit type and now supports "max=" for platoons listed in the preset files.
5. Medals that require a certain number of kills in a single battle are now more likely to be awarded to units that exceed that kill count. The more kills the unit gets, the more likely it is to be awarded the medal.
6. The F12 key will now toggle Trees On and Off. A few trees and tree shadows will remain so that the user can easily tell where the trees were.
7. We've incorporated one of the improved tracer sets created by "Mraah" as the new official tracers, with his permission. Thanks to "Mraah" for his work on these.
8. Collision handling between infantry and vehicles and terrain has been very significantly improved. If you experience any issues with this in the past, please give it another try.
1. The KV-2 (two models) is now available for your gaming pleasure. This new fully modeled and animated unit done by Steve "Mobius" Lorenz, while rare, is a potential nightmare to face for early war German commanders. By default, it is now included in the random battle and campaign generation options as well.
2. The PaK 41 is now available, with a new data file and a new gun file, using the PaK 40 model. By default, it is now included in the random battle and campaign generation options as well.
1. Spotting of moving infantry units is not correctly documented in the manual. An infantry unit moving at half speed (i.e. Defend -> Move or Advance) is only +5 to be spotted. An infantry unit moving at normal speed (i.e. Engage -> MOve or Bound) is a +10 to be spotted. An infantry unit moving at fast speed (i.e. Rush) is +15 to be spotted. Therefore, if you want your moving infantry units to be as stealthy as possible, use the slower movement orders.
1. Fixed problem with Boot Camp campaign that would cause some units in later scenarios to show up at zero strength and thus not be displayed if the player did not select them and click the "Replace Losses" button before playing the scenario.
2. Some minor balance adjustments to the Boot Camp campaign to make a few difficult missions slightly easier.
3. Fixed some typos in Boot Camp Campaign briefings
1. Fixed issue with transparent silo on Kharkov Map L3B
2. Fixed issue with typo in Volksgrenadiers that could cause purchase screen crash in '45 Random Battles
3. Fixed issue with typo in Panther G Late that could cause purchase screen crash in late war Random Battles
4. Fixed issue with typo in media= field for 1/43 Winter Skirmish scenario that would cause it to crash
5. Fixed various typos in the Kharkov historical campaigns, a few of these could affect core unit experience. To take full advantage of them, start a Kharkov historical campaign from the beginning.
6. Corrected a typo in the penetration for 50mm mortars that could cause them to penetrate
7. Fixed missing gun files for 1943, 1944 and 1945 Soviet SMG squads that could cause an AI Planning freeze or a purchase screen crash
8. Fixed a missing gun file for 1941 SS SMG squad
9. Corrected firepower values for 1944-45 Fallschirmjaeger squads
10. Adjusted truck data to make them more vulnerable to small arms fire
11. Fixed a typo in the SU-100's gun file
12. Fixed an issue that could cause SS Rifle and SS PanzerGrenadier squads to show up wearing winter clothing in summer scenarios
13. Fixed an issue that could cause the KV-1 M1940 to show up in winter camo in summer scenarios
14. Made anti-tank guns slightly more vulnerable to small arms fire.
15. The entry dates for the SU-85 and SdKfz 234 Puma have been corrected. The Puma now uses the SdKfz 231 as its "generic" model until a unique model is available.
16. Added the missing Winterstorm Level scene files in the appropriate \Media\Level sub-folders.
17. Fixed two terrain map issues on Kharkov Maps L2B and L9B
1. Some issues with the turret and wheel animations on the SdKfz 231 have been corrected.
2. Some issues with the turret and track animations on the T-70 have been corrected.
3. Some issues with the turret and track animations as well as the scale on the Panzer II have been corrected.
1. Fixed a registry key error that would cause a "Loading Interface" freeze on non-US regional settings systems
2. Improved pathfinding collision handling to hopefuly eliminate units getting "stuck" on other units in situations where there was a rear collision and impeding terrain to the side preventing re-pathing.
3. Fixed an animation bug where crawling infantry did not always properly stand back up after recovering from suppression and trying to Run or Walk.
4. Fixed a bug that could cause a unit's Spot Indirect Fire menu to not refresh artillery status between turns unless the unit was reselected
5. Fixed a bug where in rare cases dead infantry did not properly dismount from buildings after being killed
6. Increased the opacity of the event list box and changed the bright red text to maroon to improve the readability of the text
7. Fixed a bug that could cause some units to be skipped for some medal/ability rewards at the end of a battle
8. Stepped through all the medals and abilities, corrected a few minor issues that could result in some rare double medals or medals being given to the wrong unit type.
9. The Withdraw Reaction order now only impacts the selected unit, even if that unit is the HQ unit for the platoon. This is to bring it in sync with the other Reaction orders, which are intended to only affect a single unit.
10. Fixed a bug that was not allowing artillery suppression to function at its full intended effect.
11. Fixed a bug with the Engage->Hold and Engage->Facing orders that would cause them to propagate to other sub-units that already had the same base order. This brings them in sync with the intended behavior, which is that sub-orders within the same base order do not propagate to other units in the platoon unless they have no specific sub-orders assigned.
12. Fixed a bug that allowed foxholes to be spotted more easily than they should have been.
13. Fixed a bug that allowed units to mount enemy vehicles.
14. Fixed a bug that caused "wheel" hits on wheeled vehicles to sometimes be reported as "track" hits.
15. An issue that could cause a unit to "bounce" off the map during collision handling has been fixed.
16. Collision handling calculation speed has been improved.
17. A target data refresh issue when switching units in the HUD has been corrected.
< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/16/2008 1:08:11 AM >