Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

v1.01h Beta Update available in Members Club

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> v1.01h Beta Update available in Members Club Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
v1.01h Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 1:31:45 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Please note that it this update is still a BETA and is NOT FULLY TESTED.

A key change is some issues that had been introduced quite late into the Boot Camp Campaign. I had tested the individual scenarios right before release, but these issues only showed up in the Campaign process and caused some units to show up with zero strength. Of course, this only affected the Boot Camp Campaign. Apologies to everyone for that!

If you're having trouble with Boot Camp, I recommend applying this update and trying again.

The file is in our Members Club for all registered owners of Panzer Command: Kharkov. It's just a zip file for now, it will get an installer later. Unzip it with all the directories intact to your main Panzer Command: Kharkov installation folder and it will work fine.

v1.01a - c had a new "slowdown" bug. If you were experiencing this, please upgrade to v1.01d+ and it will be resolved.

v1.01h fixes a bug in v1.01g that broke some functions relating to saved games, especially for PBEM.

-----

How to Download from the Members Club:

1. Click on the MEMBERS link in our top navigation bar to get to the Members Club. If you don't already have a Members Club login (this is separate from the Forum login) then you'll have to create one (click on Sign Up Now). Assuming you've created one, login to the Members Club (click on log-in).

2. Once you've logged in, you need to register your copy of Panzer Command: Kharkov. Click on "Register Game" in the left menu of links or "Register You Game" (typo there, whoops) in the central links.

3. Choose Panzer Command: Kharkov from the drop-down list, type in your serial number and register it by clicking on the Register Game button.

4. Now that you've registered, click on My Games in the left menu of links.

5. Panzer Command: Kharkov should show up in that list. You should see a "Private Downloads" link next to it. Click on "Private Downloads" next to Panzer Command: Kharkov in your My Games list.

6. You should now see a link to download the beta patch. Once you've downloaded it, run it to install it in your existing Kharkov installation.

-----

v1.01h - First (Beta) Update, May 15, 2008

New Features:

1. The RBG, RCG, HQ Helper, Scenario Editor and Campaign Editor now all work fine with Internet Explorer 6.0. There is no longer any requirement to have Internet Explorer 7.0, though the tools will likely run faster with it than with 6.0. Since Internet Explorer 6.0 is installed by default with Windows XP, this means that these tools now work fine with an "out of the box" XP installation.
2. The Scenario Editor now enforces US date format strictly. If you do not use a US date format in your scenarios, it may cause the game to hang.
3. The Random Battle Generator now makes better use of template placements to increase density for larger point battles.
4. The Random Battle Generator now uses more historical default platoon sizes for each side and unit type and now supports "max=" for platoons listed in the preset files.
5. Medals that require a certain number of kills in a single battle are now more likely to be awarded to units that exceed that kill count. The more kills the unit gets, the more likely it is to be awarded the medal.
6. The F12 key will now toggle Trees On and Off. A few trees and tree shadows will remain so that the user can easily tell where the trees were.
7. We've incorporated one of the improved tracer sets created by "Mraah" as the new official tracers, with his permission. Thanks to "Mraah" for his work on these.
8. Collision handling between infantry and vehicles and terrain has been very significantly improved. If you experience any issues with this in the past, please give it another try.

New Units:

1. The KV-2 (two models) is now available for your gaming pleasure. This new fully modeled and animated unit done by Steve "Mobius" Lorenz, while rare, is a potential nightmare to face for early war German commanders. By default, it is now included in the random battle and campaign generation options as well.
2. The PaK 41 is now available, with a new data file and a new gun file, using the PaK 40 model. By default, it is now included in the random battle and campaign generation options as well.

Clarifications:

1. Spotting of moving infantry units is not correctly documented in the manual. An infantry unit moving at half speed (i.e. Defend -> Move or Advance) is only +5 to be spotted. An infantry unit moving at normal speed (i.e. Engage -> MOve or Bound) is a +10 to be spotted. An infantry unit moving at fast speed (i.e. Rush) is +15 to be spotted. Therefore, if you want your moving infantry units to be as stealthy as possible, use the slower movement orders.

Boot Camp:

1. Fixed problem with Boot Camp campaign that would cause some units in later scenarios to show up at zero strength and thus not be displayed if the player did not select them and click the "Replace Losses" button before playing the scenario.
2. Some minor balance adjustments to the Boot Camp campaign to make a few difficult missions slightly easier.
3. Fixed some typos in Boot Camp Campaign briefings

Data Issues:

1. Fixed issue with transparent silo on Kharkov Map L3B
2. Fixed issue with typo in Volksgrenadiers that could cause purchase screen crash in '45 Random Battles
3. Fixed issue with typo in Panther G Late that could cause purchase screen crash in late war Random Battles
4. Fixed issue with typo in media= field for 1/43 Winter Skirmish scenario that would cause it to crash
5. Fixed various typos in the Kharkov historical campaigns, a few of these could affect core unit experience. To take full advantage of them, start a Kharkov historical campaign from the beginning.
6. Corrected a typo in the penetration for 50mm mortars that could cause them to penetrate
7. Fixed missing gun files for 1943, 1944 and 1945 Soviet SMG squads that could cause an AI Planning freeze or a purchase screen crash
8. Fixed a missing gun file for 1941 SS SMG squad
9. Corrected firepower values for 1944-45 Fallschirmjaeger squads
10. Adjusted truck data to make them more vulnerable to small arms fire
11. Fixed a typo in the SU-100's gun file
12. Fixed an issue that could cause SS Rifle and SS PanzerGrenadier squads to show up wearing winter clothing in summer scenarios
13. Fixed an issue that could cause the KV-1 M1940 to show up in winter camo in summer scenarios
14. Made anti-tank guns slightly more vulnerable to small arms fire.
15. The entry dates for the SU-85 and SdKfz 234 Puma have been corrected. The Puma now uses the SdKfz 231 as its "generic" model until a unique model is available.
16. Added the missing Winterstorm Level scene files in the appropriate \Media\Level sub-folders.
17. Fixed two terrain map issues on Kharkov Maps L2B and L9B

Graphical Issues:

1. Some issues with the turret and wheel animations on the SdKfz 231 have been corrected.
2. Some issues with the turret and track animations on the T-70 have been corrected.
3. Some issues with the turret and track animations as well as the scale on the Panzer II have been corrected.

Code Issues:

1. Fixed a registry key error that would cause a "Loading Interface" freeze on non-US regional settings systems
2. Improved pathfinding collision handling to hopefuly eliminate units getting "stuck" on other units in situations where there was a rear collision and impeding terrain to the side preventing re-pathing.
3. Fixed an animation bug where crawling infantry did not always properly stand back up after recovering from suppression and trying to Run or Walk.
4. Fixed a bug that could cause a unit's Spot Indirect Fire menu to not refresh artillery status between turns unless the unit was reselected
5. Fixed a bug where in rare cases dead infantry did not properly dismount from buildings after being killed
6. Increased the opacity of the event list box and changed the bright red text to maroon to improve the readability of the text
7. Fixed a bug that could cause some units to be skipped for some medal/ability rewards at the end of a battle
8. Stepped through all the medals and abilities, corrected a few minor issues that could result in some rare double medals or medals being given to the wrong unit type.
9. The Withdraw Reaction order now only impacts the selected unit, even if that unit is the HQ unit for the platoon. This is to bring it in sync with the other Reaction orders, which are intended to only affect a single unit.
10. Fixed a bug that was not allowing artillery suppression to function at its full intended effect.
11. Fixed a bug with the Engage->Hold and Engage->Facing orders that would cause them to propagate to other sub-units that already had the same base order. This brings them in sync with the intended behavior, which is that sub-orders within the same base order do not propagate to other units in the platoon unless they have no specific sub-orders assigned.
12. Fixed a bug that allowed foxholes to be spotted more easily than they should have been.
13. Fixed a bug that allowed units to mount enemy vehicles.
14. Fixed a bug that caused "wheel" hits on wheeled vehicles to sometimes be reported as "track" hits.
15. An issue that could cause a unit to "bounce" off the map during collision handling has been fixed.
16. Collision handling calculation speed has been improved.
17. A target data refresh issue when switching units in the HUD has been corrected.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/16/2008 1:08:11 AM >

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 1:35:51 AM   
Erik Rutins

By the way, please post any feedback on this beta update in this thread. I have to go offline for a while, will be back later tonight.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 4/16/2008 1:36:34 AM >

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 2:54:05 AM   
rickier65

For future reference - I think you should update the version number on the main game screen. After updating mine still shows v1.0.0

Thanks,
Rick

Post #: 3
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 2:59:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

Rick - this one doesn't update the exe yet, which is where that version number resides. Sorry for the confusion, part of it being a beta.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 11:04:19 AM   
EagleMountainDK

Please remember to de-activate any actived mods before installing the patch. Just in case 

Post #: 5
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/16/2008 3:41:37 PM   
Grell

Wow that patch was quick!

Regards,

Greg

(in reply to EagleMountainDK)
Post #: 6
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/19/2008 12:20:12 AM   
Erik Rutins

I've updated the top post to reflect the new v1.01b Beta which has now replaced the v1.01 Beta in the Members Club.

Key feature is now FULL IE6 compatibility, no issues remaining that we can find.

Various data fixes that resolve a variety of rare data-related crashes or freezes.

I'm pleased to report we've also solved the Regional Settings / Loading Interface issue - that will be included in the next release, but you can see a preview of the Code Issues resolved so far in the v1.01b readme (though they are not in the public version of v1.01b yet as we are still internally testing them.)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Grell)
Post #: 7
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/21/2008 8:25:41 AM   
Mad Russian

When I go to the members section and then downloads I don't find a patch for PCK. Just one for PC:OWS. Where do I find the patch for PCK?

Also, will the patch effect PBEM games? If I upgrade will the other gamers also have to patch their software as well?

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 4/21/2008 8:26:44 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/21/2008 8:40:12 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

When I go to the members section and then downloads I don't find a patch for PCK. Just one for PC:OWS. Where do I find the patch for PCK?

Also, will the patch effect PBEM games? If I upgrade will the other gamers also have to patch their software as well?

Good Hunting.

MR

For the beta patch go to members area then go to "my games" then go to private download next to PC:K (if its registered, if you havent registered it yet you need to do that first.).

Can't speak to the rest.

Rick

By the way, I recall playing some of your CMBB scenarios ( I think they were yours ).

< Message edited by Rick -- 4/21/2008 8:41:24 AM >

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 9
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/21/2008 1:23:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Mad Russian,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

You have to register your copy of Kharkov, then go to Registered Downloads or Private Downloads to see the beta patch.

Yes, any PBEM opponents should upgrade as well.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 10
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/22/2008 2:05:54 AM   
Erik Rutins

Updated with v1.01c Update (see first post)

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 11
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/22/2008 3:41:26 AM   
rickier65

Loaded 1.01c

Not sure about others but I can read the message are pretty good now (although I'm playing on a winter map - so that makes it easier). But the LOS and targetting msg are not any easier, at least not noticeably.

But the msg look like it should be better now for folks - thanks.
(hopefully you'll still think about the LOS and targetting messages though)

Rick

Post #: 12
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/22/2008 5:58:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Added "how to download from Members Club" step by step instructions.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 13
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/23/2008 3:57:50 PM   
Toten

Hi Eric,

The issue that still bugs me is the Russian destroyed tanks which do not look destroyed.  That is after a move or so, they look perfectly good with a TC.  This bug just ruins the immersion factor for me.  Is this issue being addressed?

Toten

Post #: 14
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/23/2008 6:12:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toten
The issue that still bugs me is the Russian destroyed tanks which do not look destroyed.  That is after a move or so, they look perfectly good with a TC.  This bug just ruins the immersion factor for me.  Is this issue being addressed?

It's being investigated but we haven't found the cause yet.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Toten)
Post #: 15
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/24/2008 6:56:40 AM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toten

It's being investigated but we haven't found the cause yet.

Erik,

I thought this would help, but, it had no effect ...

I noticed that in the DATA folder, under each ArmoredUnits folder, some folder's contain a "destoyed.dds" and an "animation index" text file while others do not. I made a copy of them and placed them into all of the T-34-76 Model's summer folder's that did not contain this (model 1940 had just the dds.

Again, it made no difference. I hope you do fix this. In PCOWS you had the destroyed graphics, however the model would vanish on save reload. At any rate, I'm glad to see the model's still there .... but sad they still "look" alive.

Thanks for a great game!

Rob

Post #: 16
RE: v1.01c Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/24/2008 8:19:25 AM   
Toten

Thanks Eric for your quick reply.  Good luck in your bug smashin'.

Toten

Post #: 17
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/24/2008 9:12:03 AM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mraah
Again, it made no difference. I hope you do fix this. In PCOWS you had the destroyed graphics, however the model would vanish on save reload. At any rate, I'm glad to see the model's still there .... but sad they still "look" alive.
I looked at this today because I thought it was a models problem. It seems to happen all the time if you reload a saved game. Every model I looked at this was happening to. Just that the T34s I made are the most destroyed vehicle and they have a wide open hatch with a guy well out of it. It must be a game engine problem if it happens to a lot of models.

BTW - The game used to put a burn skin over a destroyed tank but it would make the wheels look square as it covered the transparency and that did not look good.

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 18
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/24/2008 5:04:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

There may be a slowdown bug in v1.01c - we're testing and will post a new version if a fix is necessary.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 19
RE: v1.01 Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 12:05:41 AM   
Erik Rutins

Updated with v1.01d, which adds a number of fixes, including fixing the slowdown bug that was in v1.01c and the bug reported with the awarding of medals and abilties. Enjoy!

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 20
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 2:32:37 AM   
Rik81

Can you estimate when the patch will become "official" and be moved to the Support page? I've never been able to access through the Members area. Continue having Log In problems.

Post #: 21
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 2:49:27 AM   
himmelstoss

now in regards to pbem...all parties have to have the same patched up version right?

thx,

himmel

tell it like you think it is!

(in reply to Rik81)
Post #: 22
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 2:56:20 AM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, all should have the same version for PBEM.

This may go official as early as tomorrow night, if not then early next week.

Regads,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to himmelstoss)
Post #: 23
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 3:32:54 AM   
NefariousKoel

Erik, I'm still getting slowdowns after a bit with 1.01d - especially in battles with a lot of units. 

It seems like the longer the session has been going, the longer it takes to load the rubber bands and sighted/non-sighted units each time I click on a specific squad of mine.

When I first load it up and click on my squad, it's smooth.  But each turn it gets progressively longer to load the sighting/firing info every time I select one.  When I save & reload, it's back to smooth again.

Post #: 24
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 3:41:18 AM   
Erik Rutins

Odd, I played through six missions in a row with v1.01d with no reload and had no slowdowns at all. I'll test again tomorrow, in the meantime please double check the date and time on the exes and dlls in your installation folder just to be 100% sure it's v1.01d you're running please.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to NefariousKoel)
Post #: 25
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 6:13:02 AM   
himmelstoss

i dont know if i am totally off track, but i have noticed that after the patch installation that the orders are screwy. in the old version i could always after i selected the hq redirect the other units in the group (halt or rush in a different direction etc), but now it seems when ever i select a unit after ordering the hq that each unit i try to redirect gives that order to all the other units. so i am ending up constantly trying to switch back and forth until i actually cant do much of anything. i dont know if i make sense as its hard to describe.

thx,

himmel

ps: there is more going on here...arty is not showing up anymore either and some of my units are split in half and on opposite sides of the screen, lol. i wonder if it is because i am playing a saved file that i have used before the patch?

< Message edited by himmelstoss -- 4/25/2008 6:29:24 AM >

tell it like you think it is!

Post #: 26
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 11:08:53 AM   
runesson

oh my god , tried the bootcamp had 11.25 pts to buy for couldn´t get the 81mm impossible?? I think. Second time I tried didn´t have any squad on the map. Just feels wrong or maybe the diffuclty has gone up  

(in reply to himmelstoss)
Post #: 27
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 1:38:40 PM   
Noypi53

Hi Erik!

Are there any plans to allow the game to run even if we do not use the USA date format?  I normally have my computer on the European format but have to set it to the USA format everytime I play the game.

Other than that, great game!

Noypi53

(in reply to runesson)
Post #: 28
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 3:02:11 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: runesson
oh my god , tried the bootcamp had 11.25 pts to buy for couldn´t get the 81mm impossible?? I think. Second time I tried didn´t have any squad on the map. Just feels wrong or maybe the diffuclty has gone up  

I played through all of boot camp as a test with v1.01d yesterday and had no problems at all with purchasing units. Did you have it set on "Hard" difficulty by accident?

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to runesson)
Post #: 29
RE: v1.01d Beta Update available in Members Club - 4/25/2008 4:59:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Noypi,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Noypi53
Are there any plans to allow the game to run even if we do not use the USA date format?  I normally have my computer on the European format but have to set it to the USA format everytime I play the game.

Actually, that bug only affected the first time you started the game and yes, it's completely fixed now in v1.01d. All regional settings work fine now.

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Noypi53)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Panzer Command: Kharkov >> v1.01h Beta Update available in Members Club Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI