From: Middletown, NJ
The program was tracking Sys damage etc already for the repair screen, so yes it was included. I'd like to discuss with Floyd a better way to manage ship carrying planes, so maybe to show the air groups in the display panel ... I agree the device info is really useful. Although frustrating that the engine doesn;t reinforce more quickly. Otherwise it would also be nice to track where devices go each turn, without searching each one... maybe a colour indicator could make this easier.
Yes, that'd be useful for some. Personnaly, I only look on several turns, to get an idea about the speed at which the LCU reinforces. But green/red arrows, like everywhere else, would be a good way to do it. I find those arrows make the tables easier to understand than simply colouring the number or the background.
And I fully agree with the display of the carrier air groups. As for the history, it's not only damage, but also Endurance that pleasantly surprised me.
Not sure what kind of display you mean for where the devices are going to. Do you mean on the Current Usage table to also show how the count changed (increase or decrease)? Then you can check how each LCU changed turn-by-turn in its' history. Or something else...?
As for ships, we've tracked almost everything that can change from turn-to-turn, just didn't display it all until now.
I'll have a look and see if there are similar problems, but we often *1000 before rendering down ... but I don't think this is it ... maybe it is a savegame error ... you would be amazed by the errors that occur.
I am already. I'm becoming quite the philosopher there...
The numbers shown are probably depicting the proportion of elements non-disabled compared to the total number of elements in the unit. And as there's no TOE attached to the unit, it doesn't scale down to a base-100.
I'm 99% sure it's a problem with the savegame, but I won't be able to reunite those subunits for a month (game-time, a big week RL) to be sure. And these are the only ones to have that problem, while I've split numerous chinese corps.
I don't scale the LCU device counts, so that can't be it. Something else must be going on. I may need save files or database files to figure this out.
I thought we do a history of the global planes lost in the victory pts panel(Totals), and an individual model history in the plane production area but I've just noticed that the plane histories are not working properly for 1.4 but did for 1.3.1 ... I'll need to fix this for the next release, I believe that we tried to fix something else here and caused another problem ...
When I mentionned "total", I meant "totals split as ground, A2A, flak & ops losses totals". IIRC (I'm at work currently - or rather, in my office, since work, hum...), the VP panel shows only the "total-total" number. Msuggestion was more about a table showing how many planes were lost that turn (say turn X), than showing the total number of planes lost from turns 1 to X (which is what VP panel shows).
I do show the per-turn loss for the day ("J Day Air" and "A Day Air") and then a running sum ("J Air Loss" and "A Air Loss").
And thanks for always giving good suggestions and using good net etiquette ...
Thank you, I try to help.