Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

online reinforcment.......getting the boot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> online reinforcment.......getting the boot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
online reinforcment.......getting the boot - 3/17/2002 4:45:28 AM   
Krec

while trying to play a online game i was booted to the desktop time and again while trying to call for reinforcments?
ive play say 50 online games and never had this one happen. any thoughts? first it happened using f4 the i though i would try the HQ icon menu and still happened . its a new one to me.

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

Post #: 1
- 3/17/2002 9:17:45 AM   
tracer

I had a PBEM opponent report the same behavior to me. He had recieved his MegaCampaign disk and installed it over SPWAW v7.0, thats when the problem started. To fix it he copied his 'save' and 'email' folders to a safe place, uninstalled SPWAW, then installed the Megacampaign and copied his folders back. He said it happened on his next turn again, but after that it started working properly.

Before going thru this you may want to try deleting your steel.prf file and restarting SPWAW. Steel.prf is the file that saves your preferences; when deleted it gets created again when you launch SPWAW.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 2
- 3/18/2002 3:09:32 AM   
Krec

thank you for your reply, ill give it a try, this forum is great for getting help and having questions answered. thanks again;)

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 3
- 3/18/2002 9:36:52 AM   
Krec

well i unistalled and reinstalled and now it did it again, kicked me right to the desktop when trying to buy reinforcmets. any other ideas?

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 4
- 3/19/2002 12:30:45 PM   
Krec

Third time was the charm. after uninstalling and reloading the game. the 3rd try seemed to work. wonder what brings this on?
i am going back to the front.:D

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> online reinforcment.......getting the boot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI