Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyone play BF2 still?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone play BF2 still? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 6:54:42 PM   
marcusm

I know its not very realistic and getting old but I thought that with age comes better
public servers, since the worst people tend to leave.

Does anyone here play BF2 still? Using team play and more serious approach.

I tried the tacticalgamers server with the mod and it was a very cool experience but I find myself
playing the vanilla more, more as relief than anything serious.

Maybe a matrixgames forum BF2 night ;).
Post #: 1
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:08:05 PM   
BoredStiff

What's BF2?

BoredStiff

[Link and Avatar removed by Moderator]

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 2
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:20:30 PM   
sysrkm

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

I know its not very realistic and getting old but I thought that with age comes better

I tried the tacticalgamers server with the mod and it was a very cool experience but I find myself

Hi Marcus,

I'm one of the few that played BF2142 first before playing BF2. I'll say the BF2142 crowd is a LOT MORE vigilant about ridding the game of cheaters.
I bought BF2 for myself and my son for an upcoming LAN party and we of course had to practice. I was shocked at home many times I was grenaded spammed, bunny hopped, shot through walls (BRICK WALLS!) and how many times I was aimbotted in the VERY FIRST GAME I played.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I've removed BF2 off my PC and won't play it again. If anyone is interested in it, send me an email, offlist.

If you want to play a game that seems to have a bit more of a challenge to it, unless you count trying to avoid the cheaters in BF2 a challenge, try BF2142.

Regards,

Rob

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 3
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:23:16 PM   
marcusm

Well, I have both :).

So how about a Matrixgames Forum BF2142 evening :).

(in reply to sysrkm)
Post #: 4
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:23:43 PM   
Monkeys Brain

quote:

LOL I suck at FPS so I played only single player BF2
It was in fact fun...

Most fun was that mission where you can shoot those tanks with some gun or rocket launcher in a city square... I shoot there three tanks I think.
Great game!

Mario

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 5
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:28:10 PM   
sysrkm

quote:

Well, I have both :).

So how about a Matrixgames Forum BF2142 evening :).

Hi Marcus,

That would be GREAT. I have three sons, and they all like to play, plus a number of our gaming club, Eat Flaming Death (Est.1984) like to play as well. I've always wanted to see what a coordinated group of say 6 squads could do in that game, with a capable commander. What time zone are you in?

I'm in the Central Time Zone (-6 GMT, I think) in Spring TX.

Regards, Rob

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 6
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:39:54 PM   
marcusm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkeys Brain

quote:

LOL I suck at FPS so I played only single player BF2
It was in fact fun...

Most fun was that mission where you can shoot those tanks with some gun or rocket launcher in a city square... I shoot there three tanks I think.
Great game!

Mario

Never viewed myself as a competitive player either, never cared for any clans or leagues.
But. No doubt playing against humans(the non punk variety) is far more interesting than the fairly stupid bots.

I was in fact looking for a more casual gaming event rather than something competitive or deadly serious. I like playing teams but I can play any style.

And syskrm. Obviously with those time zone differences it would suit best with some kind of weekend
or holiday but I am adaptable. Some short games suits me fine.

< Message edited by marcusm -- 3/26/2008 7:42:07 PM >

(in reply to Monkeys Brain)
Post #: 7
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:47:35 PM   
Joram

If you own COD4 you can join the Wargamer server.  The crowd is small enough you actually have time for intense combat and not just constant spamming.  They get rid of bunnyhoppers and there's no cheating that they know of at least.  Warning though, a few of the WG regulars are quite good.  But everyone is friendly and is willing to help you out too.

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 8
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 7:50:02 PM   
marcusm

Afraid not. I admit I got a bit "full" on that type of combat after BF2 but I guess I will get it at some point.

I actually have Armed Assault as well if anyone else plays it. I have always wanted to play a good co-op but it's impossible
if you go on public servers. Only nuts there.

(in reply to Joram)
Post #: 9
RE: Anyone play BF2 still? - 3/26/2008 9:28:47 PM   
ravinhood

I recently got Battlefront II for heh you guessed it under $10 and I don't even need to play online to get ganked. My gawd those AI storm troopers shoot me to pieces before I can get a few shots off at a few of them. The only FPSer I ever really liked much was DOOM origional and BF42 is ok I can beat those AI players, OHHH and GUN is an EXCELLENT FPSer, best one I ever played...I love that SLO_MO mode it has like from the Matrix movie. :)

I did pretty good in the Battlefront tutorial, haha, but, once I got to the real thing it was them laughing at me. lol I played a few games of BF42 online and people got mad at me...I don't know why? I mean I shot anything that moved near me...now why would some get mad at that? :) lol I got shot up so bad online I didn't care who I shot I lived in a shoot now ask questions later mode after just a few games online. ;)

< Message edited by ravinhood -- 3/26/2008 9:29:52 PM >

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Anyone play BF2 still? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI