Very nice AAR! A few comments:
- HQ supply: If an HQ requests 24000 supply but sends out only 19000, the other points might be required by the units *in* the HQ. That can happen if you route a lot of production to it.
- There is a stacking penalty in combat for having too many units in one hex. I'm not sure where the limit is in WaW but I guess it's about 100 stacking points (=weight?). A unit with 10 tanks should weigh far above that limit, even without any infantry or other units attached. That means an automatic combat penalty for these monster units. I tend to keep my tank divisions at about 4-5 tanks and 40-50 infantry, plus 5-10 mortars.
- Mortars! Don't you build any, or are there none in v32? I regard them as my primary infantry killers and try to keep a ratio of at least 1:10 in all offensive divisions.
- Artillery! Dito, and at least as important. Don't attack a strong enemy stack without softening it up first with massive amounts of arty. 5 arty, 10 rifle, 1 flak, 7 horses. I remember there was a change to artillery in that version... what was it? Range?
- Oh, and infantry guns aren't worth it in my opinion, because they weigh 10 points and you absolutely need to buy expensive transport capacity for them.
- You spent far too much on PP and tech, IMO. 230(?) PP for a Level III tech is almost prohibitive - that's 115,000 production, or 1,150 rifle units. When I attacked the USSR in a recent PBEM game, I outgarrisoned them by 3:1 in mid '41. Don't think you can crack the Soviets without a huge advantage in numbers, at least for the first couple of turns.
- I'm not a big fan of Bazookas, either. You need a lot of them to be effective, they are good only for defense, you have to buy transport for them, and some always get lost when you attack with them, without getting something for your money. Better to buy AT guns, or even better still, divebomb the enemy tanks before they can get to you.
Thanks for taking the time to post zook!
No i don't use mortars but i guess i will start doing that :)
ANd i have my original 2 arty divisions from invasion of poland they are doing well i actually just this turns tarted to build more :)
So if the total weight of units in a hex is more then 100 that hex will have a combat disadvantage? or 100 weight for the whole battle? sorry its confusing i'm just trying to understand.
I've laid off the bazookas and I will certainly implement some of your suggestions for mortars and arty.