Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

War in Russia V3.3

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> War in Russia V3.3 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
War in Russia V3.3 - 3/22/2008 1:06:18 AM   
njdevil95

I really enjoyed playing this game back in the 90s but noticed the AI is non-existent in V3.3. Would anyone happen have a link to the earlier version 3.0 - 3.2 or can forward the file?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: War in Russia V3.3 - 3/22/2008 1:14:21 PM   
Rasputitsa

Here is the development sequence for WIR, I have sent a personal email with further info.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to njdevil95)
Post #: 2
RE: War in Russia V3.3 - 3/24/2008 12:57:22 AM   
DeadInThrench

U should be able to get version 3.1 out on the internet. You can also get Second Front, and Western Front.

I was reading the readme file a ways back and saw that they eliminated the 40% loss in readiness at the beginning of the turn and.... I am not sure that was a good idea. I remember playing Typhoon in Second Front and it was a BEAR to win at.... could not use normal 'full speed ahead' tactics. The situation was so bad.... just leaving units on the front would cause them to continue to lose readiness to the point of not being combat ready when the weather improved. But, without the 40% readiness loss this scenario might turn into a 'scenario for wimps' <g>.

I have not tried out Typhoon in 3.3... have not had the time... but went and got 3.1 just in case the Matrix changes... turn out to be a downgrade at least as far as the difficulty of the scenarios is concerned.

DiT

(in reply to njdevil95)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> War in Russia V3.3 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI