Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OK For you Gaming Guys with GF/Spouses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OK For you Gaming Guys with GF/Spouses Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OK For you Gaming Guys with GF/Spouses - 3/31/2008 7:37:59 PM   
panzers

awesome thread, and I can relate myself. my pigsty resulted in the loss of probaby $100,000 worth of baseball cards including several Mickey Mantle, Hank Aaron cards and Nolan Ryan cards. Mom, I love you, but you suck!

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 31
RE: OK For you Gaming Guys with GF/Spouses - 4/7/2008 5:22:04 PM   
Grognerd_INC

Ted and I started playing wargames about once a week in 1981 when we met at Vandenberg AFB, we both worked for Martin Marietta on the Space shuttle and later the Titan missile program (We gamed for 23 years once a week). My wife never minded in fact my daughter grew up to be a gamer just like dad.

This is a true story....

We used to go the the LA game conventions twice a year (1 on Labor day, 1 on Presidents day) One year Ted decided to save us some money and found a cheaper hotel instead of staying at the convention hotel. It was on Inglewood ave in Inglewoood, turned out to be right across the street from Hollywood park race track.
SO we walk into this hotel noting that this part of town looks pretty rough. This big Samoan guy is at the front desk, Ted checks us in and I'm standing behind waiting. I make a smart ass comment to this guy "So, where's the whorehouse?"
He looks at Ted (Never glances at me) and says in a slow delibrate way "Your friend thinks he's funny doesn't he"
On the way out to get the luggage we look at each other and say damn, he wasn't so friendly was he...

On the way to the room the room before ours has the curtains open, two gals are sitting on the bed in fishnet nylons and skimpy little tops, they say "Hi boys" as we pass.
Later we go down to the bar area and have a beer. There's this other chick negotiating some prices with some guy next to us. We finish the beer go back up to the room and two different gals are in the room next to ours, same type of dress. It dawns on us what this place is.... (The light goes on)
I take this little plastic cup wrapped in plastic and put it up to the wall to listen what going on next door. Ted starts this uncontrollable laughing... There are gals all over this place! They all seem pretty friendly too always say or wave hi.

We meet a couple of buddies from our little wargaming club and they want to know if they can sleep in thier bags on the floor in our room. We say sure. We get over to this area in Inglewood and Jeff says, don't you know this is in kind of a bad neighborhood? We say don't worry I think we are well protected, this place is a local brothel.
We would get in to the room around 2:30 3:00 AM man the place was noisy, men tramping up and down the stairs all night long! Real quite during the day though. We had to turn all the fans on for decent background noise to block all the other noise.

The last night we could not find the keys to the room in the morning when we were ready to checkout. I left them in the door all night! Good thing every night we pushed a bunch of the motel furniture into the door, just to be sure!
We told both our wives that we just spent 3 days in a brothel wargaming, and they just shook their heads.
We never stayed anywhere but the convention hotels after that though....

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: OK For you Gaming Guys with GF/Spouses Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI