Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sold in stores

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Sold in stores Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sold in stores - 3/16/2008 4:45:05 AM   
therhino

I would love to have Maximum Football sold in stores like other games. I think it would sell better. I found maximum by chance online, after searching in stores for months. I keep seeing where people say they are done with Madden, but don't know of any other good Football PC games. It would be nice if people could find max by just going to a store, not having to look all over the internet. I really don't know what it would take or what would have to happen.
therhino

Post #: 1
RE: Sold in stores - 3/16/2008 5:01:15 AM   
garysorrell

I think it's pretty tough to find shelf space for PC games these days. Not sure about Canada, but locally here in Florida, Gamestops give PC games a pitiful single rack, next to the used DVDs. Walmart has the best selection, CompUSA isnt bad. I understand Circuit City no longer sells PC games, but I dont shop there so I cant say for sure. Best Buy has a fair display.

I do think that if the game was on shelves in places, it would bring in the people who dont usually shop online. But David likely knows whats involved there better than me.
I prefer to buy games via download now, unless there are too many restrictions on use. I wont buy a game online or anywhere else if it 'requires' me to log on to some server somewhere to be able to play or requires some activation.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 2
RE: Sold in stores - 3/16/2008 5:15:33 AM   
Tbird

The PC games section at Best Buy keeps getting smaller and it's almost the size of Walmart's :(

My local Gamestop had a small section for PC games and eventually stopped selling altogether :(

It would still be cool to walk in to Walmart and see it there on the shelf and sales would increase without a doubt.  The only PC games people talk about these days are MMORPGs.  Maybe Maximum Football should be converted to an MMORPG

Just Kidding of course 

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 3
RE: Sold in stores - 3/16/2008 9:21:14 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Maybe Maximum Football should be converted to an MMORPG

Hmmm, that would be pretty fun actually.

I do agree that it would be nice to see Maximum Football on the store shelves, but it isn't as easy as it sounds.  Retailers want guarantees for shelf space.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 4
RE: Sold in stores - 3/16/2008 8:24:24 PM   
therhino

Thanks Marauders I did not know how hard it would be.
therhino

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 5
RE: Sold in stores - 3/17/2008 12:46:09 AM   
Marauders

quote:

Thanks Marauders I did not know how hard it would be.

There are Matrix Games products in Circuit City.  At least there was the last time I was in there.

I don't know what it would take to add Maximum Football to that or what Matrix Games does for shelf space.  Erik would be much better to answer those questions.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 6
RE: Sold in stores - 3/17/2008 1:38:42 AM   
Scott_WAR

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tbird

The only PC games people talk about these days are MMORPGs.  Maybe Maximum Football should be converted to an MMORPG

My WR character has a helmet of speed +3, shoulderpads of evasion +1, cleats of jumping +2, gloves of catching +4, and a jock of invulnerability.

(in reply to Tbird)
Post #: 7
RE: Sold in stores - 3/17/2008 2:47:40 AM   
therhino

I was just in Cuircut City. In Hawai'i there PC games section is pretty big compared to Florida. Marauders do you know in  which forum I could ask Erik?
therhino

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 8
RE: Sold in stores - 3/17/2008 9:25:26 AM   
Marauders

quote:

... and a jock of invulnerability.

I hope you didn't pay much green for it; that got nerfed the last patch.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 9
RE: Sold in stores - 3/17/2008 9:30:47 AM   
Marauders

quote:

In Hawai'i there PC games section is pretty big compared to Florida. Marauders do you know in  which forum I could ask Erik?

I am sure Erik reads this forum.  He's a busy guy, but he drops in from time to time.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 10
RE: Sold in stores - 5/31/2008 7:49:14 PM   
Jeanbou

he Marauders, i would like to know how many MF were sold so far? thanks

Jean :)

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 11
RE: Sold in stores - 5/31/2008 9:11:30 PM   
Marauders

quote:

Marauders, I would like to know how many MF were sold so far? thanks ...

That is not information available to me. It is confidential information between Matrix Games and the developer.

In any case, it is not something I would be able to release to the public as a moderator.

(in reply to Jeanbou)
Post #: 12
RE: Sold in stores - 5/31/2008 11:57:07 PM   
Mykal

Well Im with Rhino, I searched for months for another pc title other than madden
before stumbling on Max Football by accident

Being easier to find would be great for sales

Mykal

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 13
RE: Sold in stores - 6/1/2008 12:00:52 AM   
therhino

How about Amazon. I don't really know to much about how to get Maximum Football there, but I would have found it so much quicker. That is where I do a lot of online shopping and I know it's pretty popular.
TheRhino

(in reply to Mykal)
Post #: 14
RE: Sold in stores - 9/1/2008 4:12:14 PM   
blaiden

I don't think this game needs to be in store shelves to sell, what you really need is marketing...

I've been on multiple public forums looking for sim management style football games. Every forum I went to referenced Front Office Football, Action Football, EA Madden and Goal Line Blitz. Nothing was ever mentioned about Maximum Football.

The only reason I found Maximum football was through www.gamespot.com. I was looking at another football management game and had a list of titles on the left stating games similar to ones I was looking at. There was Maximum Football which bring my next issue "the game cover". The cover looks outdated more like late 1990's early 2000's, I almost didn't click on the link thinking it was an old outdated game.

Next there's no demo which I think hinders sales especially when it cost $40. Many gamers want to experience what the game is like before dropping $40 on the game. Many gamers these days won't consider a purchase before playing a demo. This is not to say the game isn't worth $40 but how would the gamer know it's true value. It's like taking a shot in the dark.

Having a retail copy in the store would hurt but with XBOX/PS/Nintendo taking over the market, there's little room for pc games on the shelf. I believe digital download is the way to go but mass marketing must occur to have successful product.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 15
RE: Sold in stores - 9/1/2008 4:25:59 PM   
DAWUSS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders

quote:

Maybe Maximum Football should be converted to an MMORPG

Hmmm, that would be pretty fun actually.

There is a football MMORPG out there, and it is free to play, but it's all web based and has no graphic appeal...

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Sold in stores Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI