Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Status report on Things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Status report on Things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Status report on Things - 3/11/2002 9:33:32 PM   
Alby

Ok, since the forums have been down awhile and most have been out of touch, I feel a status report may be in order.
Topics...

version 7.1
Combat Leader
mega campaign bugs and fixes
any new server changes/features
The new administraitors( Like who is HERR GENERAL??)

Alby

Post #: 1
- 3/11/2002 10:34:05 PM   
Alby

First BUMP in new forum....... Heheheh:)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 2
- 3/12/2002 2:32:02 AM   
Paul Vebber

Well, since I have been on travel most of the time the board is down, things are pretty much where they were as far as 7.1. We are waiting on some more feedback on teh new splash damage fix and whether inf toughness and HE v soft need to be adjusted to compensate.

I have the UK an US OOBs to update yet. Only quick and dirty. I just have not been around to do them.

I've given up trying to predict when such things will be done. I had not intended to do them and so far have gotten ZERO in the way of requests for specific changes (lots of "the point values of this or that are screwed up" but nothing I can address in the limited time I have.) IF you have a specific value change form something to something I can accomodate them is reasonable. But the next iteration of Scott Grasse will have to make any substantial changes. Given the flexibility of the game there is little in the way of desired changes you can't make one way or the other...

Once I'm done I will turn my attention to the CL OOBs which have puttered along. When both are done they will be done. BUt don;t look for "status reports" - just the sort of system description and dicussion that I have been doing on the CL board. The SP folks are pretty much on their own. They have the tools to do anything from minor changes to redoing all the OOBs from scratch if they want. If CL is ever going to see the light of day Matrix will be disengaging. CL will render it obsolete in any case.

I have not been in the "trenches" of teh new server set up, so someone else will have to answer, except we have MUCH more bandwidth and CPU power now than before...

Herr General is Rod Harper he is helping us with the conversion. A BIG THANKS for that!

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
- 3/12/2002 5:18:01 AM   
Alby

Thanks paul,
I believe the US and UK oobs I sent you sometime back already had most of the changes people had posted. I think they looked fairley decent, shouldnt need much attention.
Thanks for the reply.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
- 3/13/2002 8:40:19 AM   
rich12545

I don't see how cl will make spwaw obsolete. It is only east front. It requires a 32 meg video card. I've purchased all three mega campaigns but won't be getting cl. There is enough in spwaw to keep me busy for years and years and imo it will never be obsolete, at least in my lifetime.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
- 3/13/2002 1:11:29 PM   
Big T

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber
[B] . . . . .
Herr General is Rod Harper he is helping us with the conversion. A BIG THANKS for that! [/B][/QUOTE]

AH HA!!! I KNEW it!!! When I saw that name under the news post on the front page, I thought it sounded like a name Rodney would use.

Be happy to know that your web servers are in good hands Paul! :D

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Status report on Things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI