Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating new Jocks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> The Titan Arena >> Creating new Jocks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating new Jocks - 3/3/2008 6:01:16 AM   
McGib

I've looked around in the forum and read the guide thats posted in the map subforum and can't find the answer I'm looking for.

When making new jocks should you use up all of your points for skills or save them to use later? Or is that even possible?

Now I hope people are still visiting this forum
Post #: 1
RE: Creating new Jocks - 3/3/2008 6:32:46 AM   
jureidinim

Heading off to sleep now, but i'll try and give you a quick overview.

Your XP is broken down into three parts listed under DEVELOPMENT - PILOT, COMBAT, OTHER.

Initially you will tend to use them all up. You will max out your piloting skills using the first set of XP figures (PILOT), Combat using the second (COMBAT) and systems/social/survival using the third - OTHER.
However, you will hit a maximum that you cannot pass (you see the current maximum per skill under the MAX column for each skill).
This maximum is set by your attributes (Charisma, Reaction, etc). The only way to increase this maximum is to spend XP in ALL three categories (PILOT, COMBAT, OTHER) to up your attributes (example DEXTERITY, INTUITION, etc). The higher you want to increase this, the more XP you need in all three categories - so you will then have to save XP from one mission to the next.
The amount of XP you need to spend in all three categories to increase an attribute is shown under the DP column beside each attribute.

During the mission, the more movement/jumps/checks you pass will increase your PILOT XP. COMBAT XP is increased by.. well.. combat  :-)  OTHER is increased when you pass checks in survival, make good scanner locks, damage repair attempts successful.. etc.

That's a general overview.. other players here can get more specific. The manual (or guides in docs folder) explains the actual figures better and the relationship between the different attributes/skills and the different XP types.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating new Jocks - 3/3/2008 8:59:33 AM   
LarkinVB

quote:

ORIGINAL: McGib
When making new jocks should you use up all of your points for skills or save them to use later? Or is that even possible?

You can save points but new jocks desperatly need to be trained fully. Therefore it is vital to spend as much points as possible. It is also vital to specialize their skills. Therefore the sequence is usually this.

Buy a jock, check his initial skills. If he is ok with some weapon look for a titan with a loadout that matches this skill.
Raise the approprite skills to match the titan as best as possible. If you hit skill limits, raise the necessary attributes.

As a rule of thumb new jocks should have a minimum skill at piloting recon/light of 50+%. Same for their main weapon skill. First jock should raise his leadership to 50+% before recruiting more jocks ! Second jock should raise his business skill to 50+% before buying any titans, third should raise his damage control to 50+%.

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> The Titan Arena >> Creating new Jocks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI