Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New WiR/WF Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> New WiR/WF Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New WiR/WF Scenarios - 2/29/2008 7:36:02 AM   
DeadInThrench

Just some ideas of new scenarios for WiR/WF.....

1. Anyone interested in doing a France '40 scenario for WF? Would this be possible?

2. I am thinking of doing a 15 turn Barbarosa scenario for WiR. Would be the same as the 41 campaign scenario that exists now except... would end just before the start of the mud weather. A matter of a shorter scenario that could be played in a reasonable amount of time. Don't know if others would be interested in this... not sure. Also, I am sure there are other's here that could probably do a better job than me with something like this. Would have to take the 41 campaign scenario, edit the scenaio date and the VPs awarded for cities. Have used the editor a bit not sure if this could be done with that... might need to hex edit the scenario file I dunno.

3. For something really different... any possibility of hacking a North Africa map into WiR as it exists now, and putting a DAK scenario together. At the corps level, this would be something different. Would run a long time like WiR campaign but, would be just a handful of units.

Comments??

DiT
Post #: 1
RE: New WiR/WF Scenarios - 2/29/2008 2:35:17 PM   
DeadInThrench

For what it's worth..... I brought up the editor and it does not allow you to set scenario length nor does it allow you to change victory cities and the points for them.

But, I 'hacked' at the scenario files with a hex editor and found where both of these parameters are set. So, I now have a 15 turn Barbarosa scenario (same as the campaign game except ends right before the mud hits) and can redo the victory cities and the points for them.

Would be interesting to try.... but I have not played this game in AGES <g>.

DiT

(in reply to DeadInThrench)
Post #: 2
RE: New WiR/WF Scenarios - 2/29/2008 8:14:55 PM   
DeadInThrench

Hmmmm.... was gonna upload my 15 turn Barbarosa scenario but.... apparently cannot upload ZIPs here. Thought I had done that before but... maybe that was on GameSquad.

Guess I need a link and I can do that but.... just want to check here to make sure first.

DiT

Post #: 3
RE: New WiR/WF Scenarios - 2/29/2008 8:27:36 PM   
Silvanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeadInThrench

Hmmmm.... was gonna upload my 15 turn Barbarosa scenario but.... apparently cannot upload ZIPs here. Thought I had done that before but... maybe that was on GameSquad.

Guess I need a link and I can do that but.... just want to check here to make sure first.

DiT

Rename the extension from ZIP to TXT
After downloading, the user just has to change it to ZIP

The TOAW Redux Dude

Post #: 4
RE: New WiR/WF Scenarios - 3/1/2008 12:00:28 AM   
DeadInThrench

OK, here it is.... must rename it to BAR.ZIP after downloading... and then unzip. I set it up as SCENJ.

It is the campaign game with the only difference right now being the game ending after turn 15.... right before the mud hits. The victory cities.... are the same as in the campaign game and should be changed/adjusted relaitve to this scenario... would have done this already except don't really know what they should be changed to. Of course, the Soviet player cannot win by the victory points so.... if the German player does not achieve his victory, then the Soviet player wins.

Again, I can change the victory cities and the points for them, so if anyone wants to get me comments on what these should be... please do so.

DiT

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by DeadInThrench -- 3/1/2008 12:05:44 AM >

(in reply to Silvanski)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> War In Russia: The Matrix Edition >> New WiR/WF Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI