Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations) - 2/29/2008 6:23:02 AM   
panzers

As long as you guys are into the grand and ultimate strategy design games such as Empiires in Arms and WiF by ADG, I would sure find it to be awesome if you could get your hands on this incredible game by SPI. This game, without question, is my all time favorite WWII game and it wouldn't be nearly as complex as WiF is turning out to be. Let me know what you think. This truly is a fabulous game. The naval rules in this game I find to be by far the best ever.
Post #: 1
RE: ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations) - 2/29/2008 3:35:56 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: panzers

As long as you guys are into the grand and ultimate strategy design games such as Empiires in Arms and WiF by ADG, I would sure find it to be awesome if you could get your hands on this incredible game by SPI. This game, without question, is my all time favorite WWII game and it wouldn't be nearly as complex as WiF is turning out to be. Let me know what you think. This truly is a fabulous game. The naval rules in this game I find to be by far the best ever.

Indeed it was a great game as well as it's sister game PTO. Advanced ETO made many refinements that improved it considerably. My local boardgame group played the hell out both of them after we finally got tired of Advanced Third reich.

Two other very good grand strategic European theater games that rank up there with ATR and ETO are WWII and Krieg/Totaler Krieg.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 2
RE: ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations) - 2/29/2008 5:35:43 PM   
ravinhood

Doesn't get any better than SPI's Swords & Sorcery. :)

WE/I WANT 1:1 or something even 1:2 death animations in the KOIOS PANZER COMMAND SERIES don't forget Erik! ;) and Floating Paratroopers We grew up with Minor, Marginal and Decisive victories why rock the boat with Marginal, Decisive and Legendary?

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> ETO(Europeon Theater of Operations) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI