Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scroll/Unit speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Scroll/Unit speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scroll/Unit speed - 2/29/2008 3:31:33 AM   
Maxdfury

Hi there. I'm a new player (as in still reading the instruction manual...) and had a question. Is there any way I can slow down the scroll and unit movement speeds? They're zipping across the map and I don't have time to read what happens in engagements (other then what I read at the bottom of the screen). This is irksome. Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Scroll/Unit speed - 2/29/2008 3:48:37 AM   
StephanFH

First of all Maxdfury, Welcome! You have found a great game and a great bunch of people who play and support it. Hang around the forums, check out the Enhanced version available, etc.
As to your question, Scroll Delay can be adjusted in the Preferences screen, under General Preferences - mine is set on three and works pretty well. You can modify message delay and length there also.
Any other questions, there are lots of people willing to help.
Steve

"the onset of Bayonets in the hands of the Valiant is irresistible..."
Gentleman Johnny Burgoyne

(in reply to Maxdfury)
Post #: 2
RE: Scroll/Unit speed - 2/29/2008 6:02:18 AM   
DROregon

Yes, Welcome!

Run through the Preference Screen to play with the settings. Some are personal preferences, some increase the difficulty. As a new player, you may want to start with some easy settings, then turn it up as you get better. Read through the forums. You'll find the general favorites for hardest difficulty. Also, your settings against the AI may be different from what you use against other players. For that, you should use the same settings.

Good Luck. And, feel free to ask lots of questions. The crew here will be happy to help.

(in reply to Maxdfury)
Post #: 3
RE: Scroll/Unit speed - 2/29/2008 7:45:25 PM   
Nikademus

But is there a way to slow the mouse scroll on the main map? I run into the same problem on my computer. Dang thing scrolls so fast i have to use the small operational map on the lower right corner to get to a general area on the main map to access a specific unit(s)

Does one need a program utility like MoSlow or something?

P.S. still dreaming that some day they'll tweak WAW by adding a seperate msg delay option just for armor/gun vs. armor gun combat. Right now you only have one msg delay option and if you slow things down enough to read the armor vs armor and armor vs gun action you also have to wait for all the Infantry fire action to resolve at the same speed which can make a turn last forever.

(in reply to DROregon)
Post #: 4
RE: Scroll/Unit speed - 2/29/2008 9:35:18 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

But is there a way to slow the mouse scroll on the main map? I run into the same problem on my computer. Dang thing scrolls so fast i have to use the small operational map on the lower right corner to get to a general area on the main map to access a specific unit(s)

Does one need a program utility like MoSlow or something?

P.S. still dreaming that some day they'll tweak WAW by adding a seperate msg delay option just for armor/gun vs. armor gun combat. Right now you only have one msg delay option and if you slow things down enough to read the armor vs armor and armor vs gun action you also have to wait for all the Infantry fire action to resolve at the same speed which can make a turn last forever.

Scroll speed should slow your mouse 'scroll' down
mine goes too fast at default so i had to slow mine down.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center >> Scroll/Unit speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI