Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B - 3/6/2008 8:01:26 PM   
PunkReaper

The better half?

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 61
RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B - 3/6/2008 10:35:42 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Oh, SHUT UP with the America-Uber-Alles Bullsh*t!!! Change the record already!

Sure thing Sparky

Just remove global welfare from my pay check.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 62
RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B - 3/6/2008 10:59:02 PM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marauders
Yes, he most definitely would have sided against monopoly power. He believed that freedom from monopolies and similar economic constructs was a right of man.

Monopolies ?

There is no exclusive control of market or exclusive right enforced by Government .

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 63
RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B - 3/7/2008 7:56:19 PM   
Marauders

quote:

quote:

Yes, (Jefferson) most definitely would have sided against monopoly power. He believed that freedom from monopolies and similar economic constructs was a right of man.

Thomas Jefferson was actually against intellectual property rights, but he did see short term utility of patents and copyrights for limited times. In fact, he believed that it would be better to have no copyrights or patents than to extend their duration to more than half the lifetime of the average citizen.

You have no idea what he would stand for in this.

I have a very good idea of where he would stand on this issues, as he wrote about the issue during the development of the United States Constitution. He was adamant in his view, and he did not waiver in his belief.

quote:

You take quotes and post them but they are not his words on this matter.

His quotes are, literally, his words on the matter. There is no ambiguity in his position regarding monopolies.

quote:

I do wonder where he would have stood on this considering your biggest issue seems to be that you want third parties to develop games for systems with the smaller market share solely for your interest.

You are beating this straw man to death. Considering that the relatively small amount of available software for other platforms is considered legal evidence of market barrier caused by having a de facto monopoly, I wonder why you keep trying to use this argument, as it is evidence for the validity my premise rather than yours.

(in reply to ORANGE)
Post #: 64
RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B - 3/7/2008 8:29:49 PM   
ORANGE

quote:

I have a very good idea of where he would stand on this issues, as he wrote about the issue during the development of the United States Constitution. He was adamant in his view, and he did not waiver in his belief.

Unless you have a quote where he mentions Microsoft you have no idea where he stands on this issue.
quote:

His quotes are, literally, his words on the matter. There is no ambiguity in his position regarding monopolies.

But you have yet to prove that he would consider Microsoft a monopoly. In his day Monopolies were granted by governments.

It is a nice ploy though.
quote:

You are beating this straw man to death. Considering that the relatively small amount of available software for other platforms is considered legal evidence of market barrier caused by having a de facto monopoly, I wonder why you keep trying to use this argument, as it is evidence for the validity my premise rather than yours.

"MY GAMES! MY GAMES! I WILL ENSLAVE YOU SO I CAN PLAY MY GAMES ON THE SYSTEM I WANT!"

Pathetic.

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: EU Fines Microsoft Record $1.3B Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI