Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Masterfile and Fill function

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Masterfile and Fill function Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Masterfile and Fill function - 2/23/2008 4:10:19 PM   
zook08

I began playing with the editor and it's great fun, but two things really bugged me:

1) I was working on a naval war scenario with a number of islands, and several times I accidentally filled most of the map with sea or plains because I didn't realize I was still in fill mode. Luckily I had already set the regime borders, so I could trace the islands by adding a line of sea hexes around the borders and then fill the rest with sea again. I know I'm a fool, but in the absence of an undo function... do you think you could make this a bit more foolproof? Maybe a "Do you really want to?" popup, or at least changing the mouse pointer into a bucket to remind fools like me that they're about to erase hours of work with a single click?

2) Did I mention I'm a fool? So I copied the masterfile, edited some SFTypes and made my scenario load the new master. Hmmm. When I opened it again, I had somehow replaced my scenario with the masterfile. You know, all units, the map, it's all copied from the master now. I'm not sure what I did wrong...
Post #: 1
RE: Masterfile and Fill function - 2/23/2008 7:41:57 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Silly question but you did call the masterfile by another name didn't you? Its just practice with the map editor.

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 2
RE: Masterfile and Fill function - 2/23/2008 8:25:25 PM   
zook08

I named them wolfpack.ptmaster and wolfpack.pt2.

Oh, I see: the problem is that when you save the master, the default ending and file filter are set to *.pt2, not *.master.

(in reply to BULLDOGINTHEUK)
Post #: 3
RE: Masterfile and Fill function - 2/23/2008 8:52:51 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Yes. Thats bad luck losing all that data. There are lots of things you will forget to do when editing and have to go back and redoo again .

(in reply to zook08)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Masterfile and Fill function Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI