Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure - 2/16/2008 2:37:36 AM   
Cunctator

No one ever explained step by step the correct procedure to follow when a battle happens in a PBEM game.

Of course the manual is completely silent, as in many other cases.

The result is that I'm stuck in 2 PBEM games in battles not involving myself.

First case: Tunis single corp attacked one turkish corp...game generated battle file also if it was clear that battlefiles are generated only when the number of defending corps are above one. Is it a bug? Anyway the game is frozen because they can't go on in the battle.

Second case: 2 Austrian corps attack two french corps in Mantua. No battle files were generated. Neither for the defender nor for the attacker. So we are stuck once again. Is it another bug?

Anyway please someone (Monadman?) explain in details step by step the procedure.

In particular who has to do or click what to initiate a battle?

First of all who is the first that sends the relevant battle file loaded from battles directory to the counterpart? The attacker or the defender?

Chit selection is blind or not? In other words if the attacker sends for first his battle file the defender knows the choice of the attacker before choosing his chit and sending back the battle file? Or the contrary?

Please explain with a complete example.

I did not understand and for sure I was not alone.

Please help!!!

This thread is vital for a great number of people and will be used as a reference in every pbem game.

Thanx in advance

- Scutum Romae -
"Gladius et Scutum Romae" appellabantur. Hannibal se recepit, Marcellus expugnavit Syracusas, Cunctator Capuam. Postremo Quintus Fabius Maximus expugnavit Tarentum.
Post #: 1
RE: VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure - 2/16/2008 10:40:04 AM   
DCWhitworth

It has been explained.

It's in the manual addendum in the patches. (Readme.rtf in the Empires in Arms directory)

Also in this thread - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1656910 - just a little further down the list from where you posted.

Regards
David

(in reply to Cunctator)
Post #: 2
RE: VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure - 2/16/2008 1:42:39 PM   
bresh

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

It has been explained.

It's in the manual addendum in the patches. (Readme.rtf in the Empires in Arms directory)

Also in this thread - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1656910 - just a little further down the list from where you posted.

Actually, that thread, described no battlefile exchanges if defender has 1 corps or less.
And exchange when defender has 2 or more corps.
And what Cuncator described, the battlefile exchange doesnt follow Monodans(Richards) describtion.

So eighter its bug, or out of date.

Regards
Bresh

< Message edited by bresh -- 2/17/2008 2:26:16 PM >

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 3
RE: VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure - 2/16/2008 4:45:53 PM   
Cunctator

Bresh You are right!

Sorry DCWhitworth but you did not understand (my fault) that I need a step by step explanation; i.e. a deep and detailed one.

In the explanations you mentioned no one specified who clicks what and who send his chit-choice for first and if the recipient knows in advance the choice of the counterpart.

We experienced a battle file exchange also in a battle between two single corps.

Anyway if you would like to help me I would appreciate very much your personal step by step description and your opinion on what happened in Tunisia (first case of my initial request).

Thanx in advance

- Scutum Romae -
"Gladius et Scutum Romae" appellabantur. Hannibal se recepit, Marcellus expugnavit Syracusas, Cunctator Capuam. Postremo Quintus Fabius Maximus expugnavit Tarentum.

(in reply to bresh)
Post #: 4
RE: VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure - 2/17/2008 10:19:27 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cunctator

No one ever explained step by step the correct procedure to follow when a battle happens in a PBEM game.

Of course the manual is completely silent, as in many other cases.

The result is that I'm stuck in 2 PBEM games in battles not involving myself.

First case: Tunis single corp attacked one turkish corp...game generated battle file also if it was clear that battlefiles are generated only when the number of defending corps are above one. Is it a bug? Anyway the game is frozen because they can't go on in the battle.

Second case: 2 Austrian corps attack two french corps in Mantua. No battle files were generated. Neither for the defender nor for the attacker. So we are stuck once again. Is it another bug?

Anyway please someone (Monadman?) explain in details step by step the procedure.

In particular who has to do or click what to initiate a battle?

First of all who is the first that sends the relevant battle file loaded from battles directory to the counterpart? The attacker or the defender?

Chit selection is blind or not? In other words if the attacker sends for first his battle file the defender knows the choice of the attacker before choosing his chit and sending back the battle file? Or the contrary?

Please explain with a complete example.

I did not understand and for sure I was not alone.

Please help!!!

This thread is vital for a great number of people and will be used as a reference in every pbem game.

Thanx in advance

Cunctator,

Refer to this thread for help with exchanging battle files

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1716461

Thanks

Richard

(in reply to Cunctator)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> VERY IMPORTANT -Pbem correct battle procedure Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI