Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Political map ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Political map ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Political map ? - 2/10/2008 10:46:22 AM   
nukkxx5058

Is there any political map allowing to see at a glance what province belongs to what country? I don't see any obvious way to recognize my territories.

Any advice ?
Post #: 1
RE: Political map ? - 2/10/2008 11:22:23 AM   
Tjalfe

Hi there

In the bottom right corner there is an overview. Right click on it and you can toggle 3 differente viewmodes. One is your conquests.

Cheers

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 2
RE: Political map ? - 2/10/2008 12:02:22 PM   
nukkxx5058

I didn't notice that before. I usually right click everywhere to be sure I don't miss an important function but in this case I probably forgot. Thanks.

However, I would have preferred a political map directly on the main map. But mini map although not ideal is OK...

(in reply to Tjalfe)
Post #: 3
RE: Political map ? - 2/10/2008 12:04:29 PM   
nukkxx5058

by the way, is it possible in a future patch to have the map options displaying also on the main map ? that would be great because it is sometimes difficult to distinguish regions except maybe for expert geographists ...

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 4
RE: Political map ? - 2/11/2008 1:00:16 AM   
AresMars

You will learn the map pretty quick after a time playing.

When your political life depends on it, you learn faster!  ;)

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 5
RE: Political map ? - 2/11/2008 1:37:48 AM   
Jimmer

Actually, only your home nation is hard to see. All of your minors have light hash marks in your color once you conquer them or turn them into free states.

So, spend some time learning your home nation well, and the minors you should be able to see at a glance.

See the attached, from a very early step in the "new game" process. Note that even conquered vs. free states are different: They have hash marks that lean opposite directions. Free states lean to the left, and conquered lean to the right. They also have a slightly different tint of their home nation color as well, but that's not always easy to see.

Attachment (1)

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to nukkxx5058)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Political map ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI