Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions about Loaned Corps

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Questions about Loaned Corps Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about Loaned Corps - 2/10/2008 3:35:05 AM   
BoerWar

If Two countries A and B are at war with a third country C and a fourth country D (neutral, but allied to country C) loans a corps to country C what happens in the following situations.

1. C wants to use D's loaned corps to attack country A or B or a combined stack is it possible?
2. C stacks D's loaned corps with his own for defense and A or B or both attack. Can they and if so will D's corps be part of the defense?
3. D (who has access to C) stacks his corps with C without loaning it and A or B want to attack, can they and once again will D's corps be part of the defense?
4. D declares war on B, but not on A. Can A and B combine to attack D's corps or a stack with both C and D's corps?

Thanks,
Boerwar
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about Loaned Corps - 2/10/2008 6:48:25 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

If Two countries A and B are at war with a third country C and a fourth country D (neutral, but allied to country C) loans a corps to country C what happens in the following situations.

1. C wants to use D's loaned corps to attack country A or B or a combined stack is it possible?
2. C stacks D's loaned corps with his own for defense and A or B or both attack. Can they and if so will D's corps be part of the defense?
3. D (who has access to C) stacks his corps with C without loaning it and A or B want to attack, can they and once again will D's corps be part of the defense?
4. D declares war on B, but not on A. Can A and B combine to attack D's corps or a stack with both C and D's corps?

Thanks,
Boerwar

Answer to all four: Not in 1.02 (refer to #102-LC4)

Richard

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about Loaned Corps - 2/10/2008 7:55:26 PM   
Murat

Just to be more clear:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

NO
quote:

THIS USED TO BE A BUG PREVENTING A & B FROM ATTACKING THAT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. C & D CAN STACK TOGETHER BUT THE COMPUTER WILL IGNORE D UNITS IN THE BATTLE
quote:

THIS USED TO BE A BUG PREVENTING A & B FROM ATTACKING THAT SHOULD HAVE ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. C & D CAN STACK TOGETHER BUT THE COMPUTER WILL IGNORE D UNITS IN THE BATTLE
quote:

THIS IS COMPLICATED BECAUSE IT DEPENDS ON THE 'PHASING PLAYER'. IF B IS PHASING WITH CORPS LOANED FROM A, B CAN ATTACK D CORPS BUT THE A CORPS WILL BE IGNORED FOR THE BATTLE. SIMILARLY IF C OR D ATTACKS B WITH CORPS LOANED FROM THE OTHER THEY CAN ATTACK B UNITS. AN A/B -v- C/D BATTLE WOULD CREATE SOMETHING DIZZYING AND I DO NOT KNOW HOW IT WOULD BE HANDLED BUT I AM SURE PHASING PLAYER WOULD HAVE A LOT TO DO WITH THE RESULT.

quote:

Thanks,
Boerwar

Just seemed a few gaps needed to be filled in and the issue clarified a bit.

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Questions about Loaned Corps Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI