Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/9/2008 11:43:14 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive
Steve, the proper way to milk the game engine cow is to next release water capable units in NW Europe, then Helos for the Vietnam module.
yeah, have something like this in the game.
http://www.avalanchepress.com/RiverGunboats.php

I forgot about helos. Maybe one step at a time.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 31
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/10/2008 1:00:19 AM   
marcusm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge
If someone was to take the VG Vietnam game put it back on the store shelf under some other name for sale with out obtaining any permission its not theft as long as you change the art work.
Sorry , but that’s called theft

Yep. You are allowed to re-interpret artwork as it is called. You can only ever protect original artwork and creations. Those are the laws and rules, then what you call it, doesn't matter. I work in the creative industry so I am an insider so to speak.

Not that it is needed. I think even a beginner could paint a Vietnam map. The guy who did the TOAW3 scenario or Boonierats maps . Now all we need is a game engine to support it. Better air model etc.

A modified TOAW3 engine could very well work as a base for a dedicated Vietnam game (resembling VG.s Vietnamn if that suits Sarge better). Now that Matrixgames owns the rights we are set as I see it.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 32
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/10/2008 1:00:46 AM   
marcusm

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Steve, the proper way to milk the game engine cow is to next release water capable units in NW Europe, then Helos for the Vietnam module.

This is the best path in my opinion. One could use the base engine and simply modify it until it suits this war perfectly. Add some more political options etc.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 33
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/11/2008 2:58:41 AM   
Sarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: marcusm

Yep. You are allowed to re-interpret artwork as it is called. You can only ever protect original artwork and creations. Those are the laws and rules, then what you call it, doesn't matter. I work in the creative industry so I am an insider so to speak.

Well I live in reality , and reprinting art work with out permission doesn’t sound very creative to me

< Message edited by Sarge -- 2/11/2008 3:00:50 AM >

(in reply to marcusm)
Post #: 34
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/13/2008 3:37:29 AM   
Rocko911

You fantasy geeks can back off my post and quit hijacking it!  . Once again I am glad to hear something may be in the works. I think that it has been a undervalued era of warfare and seeing that insurgent combat seems to be the method of the future it should be interesting to all.

(in reply to Sarge)
Post #: 35
RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! - 2/13/2008 3:44:49 AM   
Sarge

Now the Modern is the hell out of the way how about a little Tet , Khe Sanh , A Shau and so on out of CC

(in reply to Rocko911)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Can We Get a Vietnam War Game Please! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI