Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Your most unlucky event ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Your most unlucky event ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Your most unlucky event ? - 10/22/2001 12:31:00 AM   
IKerensky

I just scored my record off badluck in my last games : 17!! seventeen !! 17!! missed attempt at standing up with percentile between 45 to 48 %. I finnaly get up by crounching first ( hey I am a bit stubborn ), wich I success by rolling 2/65 ( Grrr ). Anyine with worst luck on roll ?

Post #: 1
- 10/22/2001 1:13:00 AM   
Lyhrrus

Yeah, anything with a 100/98 or a 99/98. >

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 2
- 10/22/2001 1:57:00 AM   
Bernd Hesberg

Yup, same for me, failing skill checks with 100/98 and 100/96
But I think luck gets balanced when you hit your opponent several times in a row with only 33-36% chance. Of course, these have to be heavy weapon hits to make it painful

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 3
- 10/22/2001 3:18:00 AM   
jmikkone

Talking of bad luck, are we.. Well, tonight's duel with tarendelcymir was a toughie for me. It's quite unlikely to have a clear LOS when you have assorted medium & low hills with trees between two titans. All three times where it mattered, he got free hands to snipe at me. And boy did he score great hits.. It was great fun to see my titan at the end - most of my body parts were still well in green, but my CT was ripped to pieces in no time. He didn't know it at the time, but two earlier GC hits had already damaged BOTH my heat reg and engine, well before even destroying external armor. Another time, vs the AI, I managed to get my experienced pilot killed in an Assault titan. First time I ever saw the enemy, one of them shot me with a Neutron Blaster, making her unconscious right off the bat. She woke up some time later, and missed SIX!! 6!! consecutive attempts to get back up at 78% chance. Then one of the AI's got a headshot with AC20, killing the already injured pilot. Not a shot fired from that titan.. Not to mention those streaks when you have 90+ % chance to hit and you somehow manage to miss two out of three hits.. OTOH, most memorable shooting must have been when my GM support landed all five salvoes at 2% chance..

-- Jukka Mikkonen a.k.a. Sir Rechet

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 4
- 10/22/2001 3:42:00 AM   
firestorm

speaking of bad luck... this happened a long time ago. i had an experienced team vs teh AI, and i still wasn't partictularly good. so i crammed all 5 titans in the same hex and started dealing out damage. uforunately i didn't watch my heat, and pretty soon my assault was in trouble. i failed (if i recall correctly) something like 7 ammo explosion checks at 70-80%, putting my heat well above the 300 degree mark. BOOM... followed by several more BOOOMs and a few flying heads/legs/arms/torso parts and my team was reduced to a badly injured rookie on a mangled light that somehow managed to not lose any limbs. the AI, on the other hand, still had 4-5 titans left... i think you know the rest.

www(dot)attnam(dot)com

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 5
- 10/22/2001 5:32:00 AM   
jmikkone

Seems like Tarendelcymir is my acronym for tough luck.. Tonight I battled his Illuminator (3GM3's plus a PL) with my Medusa. I managed to close in on him with pretty much no damage, and went close combat. We both though it was over, when.. A) I got within two hexes of him, leaving him with only his PL to defend
B) His charge against me went terribly wrong : I was left standing, he fell down
C) He failed his piloting skill roll at 100/98
D) After managing to get up, he kicked me, and fell down due to the returned damage, I stayed up
E) My lucky HMG shot exploded his GM3 ammo for 28pts of damage, ripping of his arm.. Then, suddenly, he stood up, kicked me to my LoT, and punched there as well. I fell down, but still feeling confident having both HMG and AC12 in my arms. To no avail. Another kick to LoT destroyed it, and following two PL hits plus punches tore off my CBT, making my engine explode. Can you say ouch?

-- Jukka Mikkonen a.k.a. Sir Rechet

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 6
- 10/22/2001 6:51:00 AM   
The Happy Moron

Worst luck? The time PC shot my Pheonix with a HMG round and blew up my NM14 rack for 60 damage. There went my CT. There went my CBT. Oops, there wnet the engine. Fastest firefight I've ever seen.

See the happy moron,
He doesn't give a damn,
I wish I were a moron,
My god! Perhaps I am!

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 7
- 10/22/2001 8:24:00 AM   
rosary

Teaching Hetzer/Hetz to play internet games

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 8
- 10/22/2001 8:20:00 PM   
PrinceCorrin

Worst luck?
That time I had a fist and managed to get stuck on the top of a hill, and was forced to swan dive off the summit in a desperate attempt to get to my enemy. I lost that game.

I see your lips moving, but all I hear is: Blah Blah Blah, I'm a friggin moron.

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 9
- 10/23/2001 7:06:00 AM   
OneEyedJack

Luck? I don't get any of that when I play, even against the AI. One game I played the week I downloaded Tos, was to Light Titan's, one on one - me vs. AI. By some strangeness, we both ended up with primarily CC Titans so as soon as we saw each other, we both ran dead ahead. The AI charged, I failed every piloting roll and after a chain reaction of torso destruction and engine failure, I blew up. It took about or so moves to find each other. Then three to "close the distance" and one last move on for the AI to crush me with a fantastic charge. Amazing! peace-
O.E.Jack

(in reply to IKerensky)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> Your most unlucky event ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI