Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Version 1.01b preview

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Version 1.01b preview Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 2:14:51 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

Been plugging away and I know there are several posts that I would still like to look at but I have enough work on my plate keep my hands on the keyboard for now! I have added some scheduled 1.02 fixes into our 1.01 BETA version. Matrix is packaging this up for distribution but wanted to add some info as to what to expect (The current version will be 1.01b).

Fixed in 1.01b
There doesn't seem to be any way to retract access from an ally; once you allow them in, that seems to be it, even if you uncheck the box. It also seems to continue even if the alliance is broken.

Fixed in 1.01b
The program has a conflict with Mecklenburg when it is a component of the CoR. France was able to declare war on it and in the Prussian Current Nation window under “Free states”, Mecklenburg shows up there, even though the program also recognizes it as a component of the CoR.

Fixed in 1.01b
if a major power has one of its controlled minor country corps inside of its enemy’s homeland (but no other corps), the program will incorrectly prompt the player suing the invader, that they must sue for peace to all nations that they are at war with.

Fixed in 1.01b
The program only retreats fleets to the owner’s controlled port when other ports are available. When there is a naval retreat, the losing side should also consider an allies port if access had been granted (section 9.4.1 Sea Area Retreats). To duplicate: move Spanish stack out of Le Havre and make sure the British intercept and win the battle.

Fixed in 1.01b
To duplicate: Observe war between France and Russia then have France create Poland and notice that the war between France and Russia was cancelled.

Fixed in 1.01b
Access violation at address 005876F3 in module 'EiANW.exe'. Read of address FFFFFF00

Fixed in 1.01b
Lockup when AI is forced to evac an iced in port

Fixed in 1.01b
Need to allow feudals to be loaned!

Fixed in 1.01b
EiANW apparently DOES allow for invasion supply without a supply source in violation of EiANW 10.5.4.

Fixed in 1.01b
AI is in the instability and yet, not losing their controlled minors that have no unbesiged corps present

Fixed in 1.01b
Game is allowing naval units that capture transports to undo their move

Fixed in 1.01b
AI france is surrendering conditionally to herself

Fixed in 1.01b
Minor garrisons not being allowed to be fully reinforced

Fixed in 1.01b
Informal peace settig clears when leaving the screen

Fixed in 1.01b
Ottoman morale is not correct

Fixed in 1.01b
Minor fleets being allowed to setup in a blockade box

Fixed in 1.01b
Program is giving error message: “Unable to move unit in send_blockade runners”File: blockade box battle.sav

Fixed in 1.01b
Need to move "change move oder" option to reinforcement phase

Fixed in 1.01b
Unable to place a depot inside besieged port cities of sponsored minor countries when sea supply has been established

Fixed in 1.01b
Need to make all leaders (On or Off the board) eligible for removal in surrender

Fixed in 1.01b
Trade values in the current nation view are reversed.

Fixed in 1.01b
Duplicate Sea Area 702. One borders Karlskrona (Sweden) and the other is off Konigsberg (Prussia).
Fixed in new games going forward

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 1
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 2:25:52 AM   
zaquex

quote:

Fixed in 1.01b
There doesn't seem to be any way to retract access from an ally; once you allow them in, that seems to be it, even if you uncheck the box. It also seems to continue even if the alliance is broken.

I read up on the rules regarding access and just want to highlight that the original implementation was consistant with AiE where access once given was only be cancelled by a state of war. I however support this change as its the only way that EiANW reasonably can support the in EiA allowed conditional access even though it must be controlled and enforced manually.

Regards

zaq 

< Message edited by zaquex -- 1/24/2008 2:26:49 AM >

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 2
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 2:36:38 AM   
Marshall Ellis

I still need to work on a temporary access that allows cut off allies or victors to leave without being locked in.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 3
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 2:40:11 AM   
Mardonius

Hello Marshall:

Can We loan cossacks, freikorps, and Insurrection Corps? If not, we should be able to.

best,

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

Post #: 4
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 3:07:51 AM   
Marshall Ellis

You cannot right now. I'll have to see if there are any gotchyas hidden before we implement that???

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 5
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 3:27:25 AM   
Grognot

Anything show up with the "client thinks human player controlling host should be replaced by Hard AI" in the two-player PBEM games I've been in?  It's happening even after uninstall / reinstall / repatch.  Happens more often for a Fr/GB game and a Au/Pr game than for Tu/Sp or Ru/Pr so far.

Post #: 6
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 6:35:10 AM   
Grapeshot Bob

Thanks man.

GSB

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 7
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/24/2008 7:43:29 AM   
zaquex

Thanks Marshall looking forward to 1.01b being available. 

(in reply to Grapeshot Bob)
Post #: 8
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 12:00:28 AM   
Marshall Ellis

Grognot:

I will be looking at those games shortly AND also looking at how to implement an autobackup feature for the PBEM games.

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 9
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 3:47:09 AM   
galahad67

any idea when this will be available?

Thanks for all your hard work on this.

tom

Post #: 10
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 6:23:52 AM   
Ted1066

Hey Marshall,

Working hard I see

Have you looked at the issue with GB surrendering unconditionally to France in single-player games? This is one I posted a little while back where reparations and half-trade were selected as 2 of the 3 options by France, but she received no peace income from GB the following Eco phase.

This one: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1683275

Cheers and happy bug hunting,

Ted

(in reply to galahad67)
Post #: 11
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 3:52:57 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

Need to make all leaders (On or Off the board) eligible for removal in surrender

What does this mean, to remove off-board leaders? I guess I'm still confused about what exactly each of the victory conditions explicitly mean. Removal of corps/fleets/leaders doesn't mean permanent removal from the game, does it? I assume it means they are removed from the map and may be eventually rebuilt/returned, so it doesn't make sense that off-board leaders need to be eligible for removal. To where, for how long? The addendum to the manual should clarify what all these victory conditions mean.

Post #: 12
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 4:14:26 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: pzgndr

quote:

What does this mean, to remove off-board leaders? I guess I'm still confused about what exactly each of the victory conditions explicitly mean. Removal of corps/fleets/leaders doesn't mean permanent removal from the game, does it? I assume it means they are removed from the map and may be eventually rebuilt/returned, so it doesn't make sense that off-board leaders need to be eligible for removal. To where, for how long? The addendum to the manual should clarify what all these victory conditions mean.

It means, any active leader that is sitting in the counter pool in eligible to be used as a condition (EiANW C.6). That way a player cannot hide leaders in the pool when they feel surrender is imminent.

Also, read section 13.8.3 on how leaders are returned.

Richard

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 13
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 4:22:02 PM   
pzgndr

Thanks!

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 14
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 6:05:16 PM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

I still need to work on a temporary access that allows cut off allies or victors to leave without being locked in.

Just as a potential pointer. There was an errata to the original AH game that introduced a *non-optional* forced access rule, whereby you could march through territory which you had no access to at a 1PP cost. There were some other sub-rules to this I think, but I can't remember off hand, I'd have to look it up.

Regards
David

Post #: 15
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 7:30:55 PM   
Mardonius

David is correct on the forced access as an Errata Rule.

See http://members.fortunecity.com/lobodeoro080888/eia/errata.html

Original source is The General 23/4

Add the following rules:

10.3.4 FORCIBLE ACCESS: If a major power is denied voluntary access or denied desired access conditions, its land forces may still be moved into or through desired areas by using "forcible access," as follows:

10.3.4.1: Forcible access operates under the same restrictions as access through neutral minor countries (see 10.3.1.1).

10.3.4.2: A phasing major power loses one political point per Turn for _each_ major power's territories in which forcible access is used. _For example, during a Turn, French counters are moved through some Bavarian and Saxon areas using forcible access. France loses one political points if both these minor countries are controlled by Prussia, but loses two political points if Bavaria is Austrian-controlled and Saxony is Prussian-controlled_.

10.3.4.3: The major power controlling territory in which forcible access occurs may, if desired, _immediately_ declare war and lose the requisite political points for _each_ separate declaration on any or all of the major powers using forcible access in its territory, unless prevented by limitation in 4.2.2.1. This chance to declare war is repeated each time a counter using forcible access is moved. If war is declared, allies may be called as in 4.3.

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 16
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/25/2008 11:44:29 PM   
Jimmer

Will we have to start new games for any of these fixes to take effect?

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 17
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/27/2008 2:15:41 AM   
delatbabel

It's worth noting at this point that the v.1.01 BETA2 (25 JAN 2008) file has appeared in the downloads area. I haven't seen any actual announcement of it in the forums.

--
Del

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 18
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/27/2008 3:12:28 AM   
zaquex

I think this is the "announcement"

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1690656

< Message edited by zaquex -- 1/27/2008 3:15:39 AM >

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 19
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 1/27/2008 1:47:37 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Hey guys:

We've given the all clear on the final BETA 1.01 EXE which should show as "1.01b".
This will probably be the final version for "1.01".
I am now working on 1.02

Thank you

Marshall Ellis

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 20
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 2/5/2008 3:20:24 AM   
adrianthomson

This is probably not the right place for this post and if it is, I am sorry. I have noticed with the patch that the economic manipulation has been removed, and I was wondering why. I have also got a problem with the kingdom's. I have created the ottoman empire, and poland. Then I have captured additional territories but it won't let me add them to the existing kingdom. Also, why does the AI not seem to want to make alliances with other AI powers? IE, England and Prussia. What good is saving manpower without english money? I'm no general but I've been walking through the AI controlled powers on the hard settings...

Adrian

Post #: 21
RE: Version 1.01b preview - 2/5/2008 3:34:18 AM   
pzgndr

Economic manipulation is still there, it just needs to be enabled at game start.  You cannot add territories to a kingdom once you create it.  The AI has known weaknesses and developers are commited to providing ongoing improvements once the bugs are fixed.

(in reply to adrianthomson)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Version 1.01b preview Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI