Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 3:00:36 PM   
xBoroNx

Started the AAR in a slightly wrong Forum, Toms Thread for feedback for WAW. I will continue it here now since it slowly evolves into a full AAR.

Current Date is August 15 1942. Last turn Freeboy's RAF gained temporarily the air superiority. In the previous two turns the losses have been about equal, two turns ago ~12 german fighters vs. ~10 raf fighters, one turn ago ~25 german fighters vs. ~20 raf fighters ~4 levelbombers. But last turn though it was ~70 german fighters vs. 60 Raf fighters probably due to the lack of experience of the new german pilots the Raf only lost 5 fighters while shooting down ~20 german fighters.

In the current turn the Wehrmacht finally started to assault the russian fortification lines. The russians lost forces worth 49290 production points, the germans stuff worth 10600 production points. German Artillery also managed to sink one british battleship, so 8000 production loss for the West too.

Northern Front at the end of my turn attached as picture. The russion lines are so softened up meanwhile that they are unholdable now. Only a few soviet elements which still have acceptable strength are there around Smolensk.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 3:04:20 PM   
xBoroNx

In the south there are even less russians. Kharkow, Kiev and Maikop seem conquerable in 1942 and Stalingrad and Baku in early summer 1943.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 2
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 3:13:51 PM   
xBoroNx

Japan starts the pacific blitz this turn. If the japan surrender bug occurs though japan is out of the game in 2 turns.

The pearl harbor fleet is sunk, but 1 japanese battleship is lost too.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 3
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 3:32:51 PM   
xBoroNx

Japan also takes Manila and Borneo and resumes her Chinaoffensive. Overall the result is acceptable given all the faults i made with Japan and her industrial weakness. The hawai fleet is completely destroyed and from the hawai air only one level bomber survived the coastal bombardment also. A few commonwealth subs also get a burial in the indian ocean.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 4
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 3:36:13 PM   
xBoroNx

Finally the situation in China. Currently the chinese front is stable thanks to freeboys excellent use of natural obstacles and fortifications.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 5
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 4:18:56 PM   
freeboy

He is really destroying Russia, I had to move my time line up 6 months do to this and will now commence stage two of operation Monty.. I will also dilute my huge raids, that have been destroyingthe targets by multiple factors.. chancing to be intercepted.. I still think I have a big exp and tech . numbers? edge in the air though?

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 6
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 6:31:47 PM   
xBoroNx

Hm maybe we should reveal airforce numbers. About 40% of my interceptors and all my bombers are currently in the east, the rest of the interceptors tries to protect the west. If you want we could post our numbers next turn. I am always a curious guy, so it would of course be interesting to know how powerful the western allied Airforce is :)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 10:48:23 PM   
freeboy

powerful enough to sweep you from the skies! lol, Now that JAp attacked and is still playing many US cities are building air that will be directly fed into the Med and other places to further harrass the enemy .. I have few, none? dive bombers though and may need some, the red air force caught the mighty germans near KArkov.. now that was a near dissaster as the southern fron vanished .. he fortunately did not have super uber mobil lite forces ready to race forward.. one strike vertually wiped out one stack of German units.. LOVE to see that! He may take Kiev as troops there where pulled to defend the south.. I just do not anything like enough resources to stop him at this ratio.. NEED western aid! I perhaps build too little troops and too much pp,  my troops are better than his and he has more talk about history being flipped around one that score. Hopefully he will run out of troops after awhile!
Another single raid against A german city.. forgot to add all the little groups to augment the strong ones though as I think he is commited to a central defense in Air, rather that a few ait units spread all over .. we will see though as I continue to add air units beyond my losses, in the Main English groups as well as the two in the MEd.. Soon operation Monty will bear fruit..

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 8
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 10:50:03 PM   
freeboy

I hope he removes his planes from the east! they are a Beast

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 9
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 11:01:46 PM   
xBoroNx

Lost another airbattle :(. 73 Allied Fighters IV + 46 Levelbomber IV vs. 94 Axis Fighters IV.
Probably allied Experience is higher.

But the war in the east seems won. On the northern front the main russian bunker line has been breached easily this turn.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 10
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 11:14:31 PM   
xBoroNx

In the south the situation is even better. Kiev has been taken, Kharkow should fall next turn also. And Freeboy now has the problem where he wants to try to defend. Near Kharkow a strong russian tank corps has been overrun by axis infantry hordes. My strat seems to work there. Bombers or if there is flak/air force artillery to destroy most of the infantry and then overrun flak, at guns or enemy tanks with infantryhordes. This turn russian material worth 63490 production points has been killed. Russia is down to 6 cities and 3 resources, so maximum war production 24000 production points and 6000 points only for supply/pp through the resources. Unless a miracle happens next turn Kharkow should be taken away and Leningrad and Stalingrad and the resources Baku and Maikop should soon follow too. One allied destroyer has been sunk, and the axis lost their last ship, a battleship. Axis losses in the east have been material worth 18600 production points.

P.S.: Japan not worth showing since the counter is already at 5, so because of the event bug japan will be out of the game the next turn. But since the match is nontheless very fun we will continue playing some time till it is clear that either germany or the west will win.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by xBoroNx -- 1/17/2008 11:26:50 PM >

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 11
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/17/2008 11:46:37 PM   
xBoroNx

An interesting observation is btw that as i mentioned earlier in toms WAW thread when i "hijacked" it with this AAR for france i built lots of tanks and motorised troops. But they performed so miserably there that i changed my strategy to heavy focus on pure infantry, fighters, dive bombers and artillery. Freeboy has a lot of forts and lots of at guns as russia. So i think he believed that i stick to the traditional axis blitzkrieg approach with lots of fast mechanized troops. Versus those his force composition would have been excellent. When i started Barbarossa then and Freeboy realized i am mainly focusing on air domination he started to build lots of flak. But most of those flak i simply killed with the infantry or artillery then. And now he started to build an airforce, but he should have to change production again because i should have killed most ground troops russia has meanwhile.

The game is slowly reaching the deciding stage. The rest of 1942 and 1943 will be very very interesting i think
Without the japan bug i am quite sure that the axis would win easily because japan would put some pressure on the west and take away some hard to defend resources for the west and the west would maybe be forced to commit resources vs. japan too. But germany is strong, and if i can kill russia in 1943 it might turn into an epic clash of two titans, axis controlled eurasia vs. GB + the Usa controlling the rest of the world

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 12
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 12:08:35 AM   
freeboy

Russia may not fall, as I will put some troops into Europe Very soon

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 13
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 12:44:14 AM   
xBoroNx

Fortress europe is ready ;). I make a mistake though, thought freeboy doesn't have his fighters on intercept, so i lose an air battle vs. russia at kharkow. Annoying somewhat.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 14
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 12:50:14 AM   
SMK-at-work

so that's 30000 pts of aircraft lost in 1 move....viz 18600 of all troop types total for het invasion of russia before that attack......lol

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 15
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 1:09:56 AM   
xBoroNx

Freeboys bombing campaign with the west is currently quite successful. But countermeasures are developed with 100% priority.

Meanwhile the bloodbath in the east continues. In the north we are advancing towards Leningrad and Moscow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 16
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 1:17:30 AM   
xBoroNx

In the south Maikop and Kharkow are captured and most russian forces wiped out. Has been a bloody turn.
Germany lost troops worth 57600 production points, the first turn with noticeable losses for the germans. The russians lost troops worth 117360 production points.
Without that air desaster it would have been like in the previous turns

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 17
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 1:28:10 AM   
xBoroNx

quote:

ORIGINAL: SMK-at-work

so that's 30000 pts of aircraft lost in 1 move....viz 18600 of all troop types total for het invasion of russia before that attack......lol

According to Göbbels that air battle was another huge victory for the germans. As long as my citizens continue to believe it it doesn't matter ;).

Nah you are correct, this loss seriously hurts. But i did not think that Freeboy invests so heavily into air now that most of his ground forces are eliminated and russia is down to now 20000 production from cities and 4000 from resources. That's only like 10 planes per turn if freeboy uses all his production on air.

(in reply to SMK-at-work)
Post #: 18
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 2:03:28 AM   
SMK-at-work

More like he's been producing them for a while and holding them in reserve I suspect

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 19
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 2:14:30 AM   
xBoroNx

quote:

More like he's been producing them for a while and holding them in reserve I suspect

Yeah probably, but i wonder why he did chose to build exactly airforce. Ok he inflicted some losses on me, but i can replace those air losses better than he and airforce is a rather expensive weapon in AT, so imho not the best for stalling an enemy offensive as long as possible.

I have one question for the experts though. As i wrote in the AAR most big air battles with the West Freeboy won despite i in some cases had like 30% more fighters.
I did deploy my fighters in packs 20-30 each, so i wonder if it matters if there is a fight e.g. 50 vs. 50 fighters, both the same tech, but the defender deploys all 50 in one stack whereas the attacker has 5 squadrons each 10 planes.

< Message edited by xBoroNx -- 1/18/2008 2:20:19 AM >

Post #: 20
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 3:42:18 AM   
freeboy

my planes are in smaller groups, but probably alot higher xp as I keep shooting yours down lol
Planes inthe med bomb Romania and Rome, Athens is seized as is Copenhagen.. Hamberg shelled
troops in France bombed with little to show for it US ramping up aid to the European theater as multiple armies are produced each month

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 21
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:20:25 AM   
xBoroNx

Axis wins an air battle vs. the soviets though. 10 soviet fighters and 13 dive bombers are shot down, whereas only 4 fighters are lost. This was during Freeboys turn, so the Kharkow debacle is at least partially revenged ;).

German infantrycorps spot a few russian planes in voronesh. About half of them are shot down at the airfields, the rest manages to escape.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 22
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:34:42 AM   
freeboy

Yep Russia is buggered in this one as Thousands of infantry that somehow are still being supplied crushedme.. in my forts, with better troops well dug in! lol oh well so much forthat front.. I will fight on till the last red blood is left beating.. The plan Montgomery is started and the soft underbelly and France are attacked, I skipped Vichy, anybody know if you declare war do u still get the free french troops as in past versions, this is v25 fyi
I am going to level rome and ploisti next turn and probably attack some more factories, I am sure he is raising up a trained air force.. lol

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 23
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:35:50 AM   
xBoroNx

Russia again loses lots of troops. This turn we kill material worth 55910 production points. German losses are low as usual again, 7900 production points.

In the south only small kampfgruppen are left.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 24
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:40:11 AM   
xBoroNx

In the north the situation is slightly better for the russians, at least they have left a couple of intact corps in the leningrad area and probably something in muscowy too. In the west though currently the situation is still tense.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 25
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:44:43 AM   
SMK-at-work

What are the light grey Russian units?

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 26
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:46:31 AM   
xBoroNx

Germany decided to stop it's factory building program last turn. 1 new factory each turn requires 60 pp = 30000 production points, though in the long run profitable we fear that we fall behind too much if we continue the factory program and can't catch up with the west anymore. German production won't raise much more. You nicely can see in the chart when Freeboy began his bombing campaign and that it is quite successful. Though not critical yet it is at least already extremely annoying. I also need to find a good countermeasure vs. his fleets. Though with bombard range of only 1 they are slightly less brutal than in e.g. europe at war they still have a couple of worthy targets like Rome which Freeboy is currently softening up.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 27
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 4:47:04 AM   
xBoroNx

quote:

What are the light grey Russian units?

Siberians, aka the russian SS ;)

Post #: 28
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 1:39:31 PM   
freeboy

Allieas land in Northern Greece and neer Konigsburg cutting off the supply routes for AGN
bomb Paris Bomb Rome add dive bomebomers.. I think that JApan is getting embargo supply?? not sure ask xbx, but they did not surrender .. great.

(in reply to xBoroNx)
Post #: 29
RE: WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) - 1/18/2008 1:51:46 PM   
xBoroNx

This turn german artillery manages to sink 1 allied battleship and 2 cruisers. Otherwise this turn there is rather little combat action and the germans suffer a few minor tactical defeats in russia because they are a bit too reckless and want to kill russia as fast as possible thus overstraining their poor troops. Baku is taken, the outskirts of Stalingrad and Muscowy reached and Leningrad cut of from the rest of the world.

Russian losses are high again, probably material worth 49730 production points, but i might be about 1000-2000 points wrong this turn since some casualities where inflicted on the west too. West lost about 24000 production points this turn, the already mentioned 2 cruisers + the battleship + a few bombarded troops. Losses suffered were worth 12650 production points.

Instead of taking meaningless screenshots because due to the winter not much ground was taken i will compare the total losses of the nations suffered so far.

Germany killed enemy forces worth 1.145.510 production points. The enemy forces killed german forces worth 611.110 production points. Roughly 50% of the german losses have been airforce losses.

< Message edited by xBoroNx -- 1/18/2008 3:31:35 PM >

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> WAW v25 Freeboy (Allies) vs. Boron (Axis) Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI