Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking - 1/16/2008 8:53:42 PM   
Jimmer

Monadman has an excellent thread on this forum called "Reporting Bugs (as of v1.01)". It's a great idea.

In that thread, he mentions that we should use other threads to track proposed interface changes, proposed AI improvements, and other such things.

Since these tend to be more "Should we have this, or shouldn't we?" issues, there could be some discussion on each one. Further, since we expect that patches beyond bug fixes will come later than bug-fix only patches:

Can we have two sub-forums of the tech support forum created? One for Interface proposed changes, and one for Artificial Intelligence proposed changes. This would allow all of those kinds of things to be kept together. When the time comes for Matrix to put out a release with mostly interface changes, both Matrix and the players could scan the sub-form for interface changes, and see what's going to happen.

If you agree to do this, then you probably want to have a post very similar to Monadman's opening post in the thread I mentioned above, only exclusively for the changes addressed by that thread. These "summary" posts should probably be pinned to the top of their 3 respective forums.

If created, then Matrix should ask people to post in those threads appropriate suggestions, and leave the tech support and bug-fix threads bare of such information. Things might get a lot cleaner.

Comments?

< Message edited by Jimmer -- 1/16/2008 8:57:32 PM >

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Post #: 1
RE: Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking - 1/16/2008 8:55:50 PM   
Jimmer

Duplicate post. Sorry.

< Message edited by Jimmer -- 1/16/2008 8:56:56 PM >

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 2
RE: Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking - 1/16/2008 9:52:47 PM   
zaquex

its a good idea

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking - 1/17/2008 12:56:51 AM   
zaquex

I would go so far as to suggest:

AI forum
UI forum
BUG forum
General improvements and options discussion forum
OOB discussion forum
PBEM and Multiplayer forum

Maybe not all of them are desperatly needed and maybe there are others that are warranted. I really think it would help us in general and particularily Marshall to get a bit more structure on the forum/discussions.

(in reply to zaquex)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Recommendation for bug (etc) tracking Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI