Favorite Scene

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ilovestrategy

Favorite Scene

Post by ilovestrategy »

What is your favorite scene of all time? It can be a great scene from a bad movie, if need be. Not best scene. Favorite! [8D]

My favorite scene of all time is in Gone With the Wind when the camera is zoomed in on a wounded Confederate soldier than slowly pans out to show a ton of wounded men and finally you see a tattered Confederate flag close to shreds. I have always loved that scene.
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
06 Maestro

RE: Favorite Scene

Post by 06 Maestro »

In The Shining a wacked out Jack Nicholson hacks his way through a door, pokes his head though, and anounces "here's Johnny!".
Now, that was a scene[:D]
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

MikeBrough

Post by MikeBrough »

The scene at the end of Jaws where Hooper surfaces and swims towards Brody. The look of relief on Scheider's face is perfect - natural and not overacted.

Or, the end scene of Gladiator as Maximus runs his fingers through the corn and walks towards his wife and son. Makes me blub just thinking about it. (Do you have to be a family man to understand the full impact of tht scene?)

Or, Rick and Renault disappearing into the fog at the end of Casablanca.

Or the look of bemusement and slowly dawning realisation on Bob Hoskins face at the end of The Long Good Friday.

Plesae, don't get me started. Oh, you already have. I'll spend the whole day at work jotting these down now. Thanks for that.
Mike Brough
Proud to be an Arab

Be sceptical of the things you believe are false; be very sceptical of the things you believe are true.
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

Saving Private Ryan...nothing prepared me for what was coming when the front of those landing craft went down...still THE best starting 30 minutes of any movie I've ever seen.
Alba gu' brath
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Samwise Gamgee hoisting Frodo to his shoulders to carry him up the slopes of Mount Doom as he says " I may not be able to carry IT but I CAN carry you!".
Hans

morvwilson

Post by morvwilson »

How about some comedy?
In a CSI New York episode,
Detective enters interrogation room where a mobster sits.
Detective says:
"you don't call, you don't write, I'm thinkin your seein other detectives!"
http://www.outskirtspress.com/Feud_MichaelWilson

Courage is not measured by the presence of fear, but by what a person does when they are scared!
MrBoats

Post by MrBoats »

I have a few:

-- The final scene in "The Third Man" with Alida Valli walking toward the camera and Holly Martins.

-- The Ferris wheel scene in "The Third Man" with Orson Welles' "cuckoo clock" monologue.

-- The aformentioned final scene of "The Long Good Friday." I've read that the film's director sat in the front seat of the car and explained the plot to Bob Hoskins as they drove and shot the scene. Hoskins' reactions came out of his slowly understanding the way events played out in the film, and the change of expressions work beautifully in the context of the scene. He is one of the greatest living actors.

-- The beginning of the final shootout scene in "The Wild Bunch," when the gang approaches Warren Oates and wordlessly invite him to go to his certain death. "Why not?" he replies.

-- The "coin toss" scene in "No Country for Old Men." ("Call it, friend-o.")
lancerunolfsson

Post by lancerunolfsson »

Too many Great scenes, but you just gotta have in this list

ZULU, The Welsh singing "Men of Harlech" as the Zulus chant and pound their shields preparing to charge

The Wind and the Lion, The Marines double timing to and storming the palace.

Strangely, I can't seem to pick one out from "Lawrence of Arabia", DR. Zihvago" or "Schindlers List". Though I would classify these as the three best movies of all time.

If you are near Medford Oregon Check out,

http://lancerunolfsson.googlepages.com/home
(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)
HansBolter

Post by HansBolter »

Oddball, Kelly and Big Joe facing off with the Tiger tank to the spaghetti western music!

Priceless! [&o]

and here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkwgYA_gJ8s
Hans

BlackSunshine

Post by BlackSunshine »

Man there is so many...

Gladiator: Maximus plunging the knife into the throat of Commodus at the end.

Kill Bill Vol 1: Beatrix (the bride) slicing up the Crazy 88's in one of the best fight scenes ever!!

Return of the Jedi: Vader throwing the emperor down the hole.

Those are just a couple.

06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: lancerunolfsson

That was very good too, as was the following scene. Right after the attack into the palace, the Arab Prince (while moving an arm of a deceased servant) tells the Marine commander; "Major, you are a dangerous man".
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

ezzler

Post by ezzler »

True Grit the big gunfight on horseback scene.
Close encounters when the lights rise up behind the truck
battle of britain end scene when the plotting table is completely empty of activity and trevor Howard 'The bastards are up to something'
Zulu .. most of it .. but especially fred Schiess attacking with his bandage coming off his foot.
Jaws ' twenty-five'
rollerball when Caan deletes those cherished images of his ex wife ..
Ipcress File scene in the supermarket with colonel ross picking up some frozen food.. Caine ' thats very good' and Ross in the most english condescending officer voice 'is it really ?'

and of course Live and Let Die .the crocodile jumps and speedboat chase and good ol JW
Mobeer

Post by Mobeer »

Zulu, and the line that transforms the apparent savages into something far more dangerous:

Adendorff, what's wrong with them? Why don't they fight?
- They're counting your guns.
lancerunolfsson

Post by lancerunolfsson »

"Major, you are a dangerous man".

Indeed the Icing on the cake!!

If you are near Medford Oregon Check out,

http://lancerunolfsson.googlepages.com/home
(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)
Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

Shane -the Gun fight at the end of the move.  Alan Ladd call Jack a "Low down, yankee Liar" and the fire works begin.  Love that scene.[:D]
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
ilovestrategy

Post by ilovestrategy »

ORIGINAL: 06 Maestro

That was very good too, as was the following scene. Right after the attack into the palace, the Arab Prince (while moving an arm of a deceased servant) tells the Marine commander; "Major, you are a dangerous man".

OMG!!!!!!!! Whenever that movie comes on TV I stay glued until that scene shows up! I like how the Marine officer is all happy when that Arab Prince gives him that line. I am trying my best to remember what that officer said. [:D]
After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!
Brigz

Post by Brigz »

Strangely, I can't seem to pick one out from "Lawrence of Arabia", DR. Zihvago" or "Schindlers List". Though I would classify these as the three best movies of all time.

"Lawrence of Arabia" The scene when Lawrence is bringing back the man he rescued from the desert. Sends chills up my spine every time. And then the scene when he has to execute the same man. Stunning. Best movie of all time.

"Good Fellas" The scene when Joe Pesci's character walks into the room thinking he's going to be "made" and instead gets whacked. Priceless.

"Zulu". The firing by ranks toward the end of the battle. Never seen it done better.
“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Miller's Crossing when the Irish mafia boss tommy-guns three hitmen while the record player blasts "Danny Boy."
There are many scenes from the movie Josey Wales too... like the scene where he takes on all the comancheros.
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

From the movie, Dirty Harry with Clint Eastwood:

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? "

Remember that one?

PoE
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Badges? Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “General Discussion”