Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/6/2010 10:10:44 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

The idea is that you take one ship class as a base line (any type), and generate a bunch of classes that the first ship class can convert into. Then you group them together, by assigning all the classes the same number, and the editor takes care of the rest.

It replaces the old hard-coded AK -> auxiliary system, and can be used for any class and any ship type. You can also make the chain circular, so class A can convert to classes B, C, and D and then back to A again, to start from the top. That way, you can simulate (for instance) the Japanese minesweepers which converted to PC's and back again.

It's a very excellent tool for modders. I'm really looking forward to getting my mitts on it.

So one could take a common AK and set it so you could convert it to a AR?

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 31
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/7/2010 7:30:27 AM   
39battalion

Is it possible to edit leader names ?

For example could you put your own name in for a bit of role playing ?

Thx

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 32
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/7/2010 1:24:46 PM   
ckammp

quote:

ORIGINAL: 39battalion

Thx

Yes, you can edit leader names.

(in reply to 39battalion)
Post #: 33
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/7/2010 2:39:24 PM   
morganbj

quote:

Thx

Yes, you, too could be known as Dougout Fred, or Tojo con Mojo, or whatever.

Post #: 34
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/7/2010 3:17:48 PM   
John 3rd

As a computer idiot, I have to say that this Editor is wonderful.  IT is intuitive and makes SENSE.  I would never have considered my Mod without having had a taste of easy the Editor can be.  Thanks bunches guys...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to morganbj)
Post #: 35
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 6:27:30 AM   
39battalion

Thanks guys !

Thinking of putting myself in as captain of a destroyer and see how long I survive

Could be a short game

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 36
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 9:46:28 AM   
m10bob

quote:

Thanks guys !

Thinking of putting myself in as captain of a destroyer and see how long I survive

Could be a short game

Put yourself on the U.S.S. Dale..Much action, survived the war with only one casualty.

Post #: 37
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 10:18:32 AM   
39battalion

Thanks for the suggestion but it will have to be an Aussie destroyer

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 38
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 12:33:15 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

The idea is that you take one ship class as a base line (any type), and generate a bunch of classes that the first ship class can convert into. Then you group them together, by assigning all the classes the same number, and the editor takes care of the rest.

It replaces the old hard-coded AK -> auxiliary system, and can be used for any class and any ship type. You can also make the chain circular, so class A can convert to classes B, C, and D and then back to A again, to start from the top. That way, you can simulate (for instance) the Japanese minesweepers which converted to PC's and back again.

It's a very excellent tool for modders. I'm really looking forward to getting my mitts on it.

bump

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 39
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 1:07:33 PM   
BigJ62

Don or JWE would know for certain, alternately you could just experiment and see.

quote:

quote:

quote:

bump

Witp-AE
AeAi…AeAi …AeAi…Long live AeAi.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 40
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 1:48:24 PM   
ckammp

quote:

quote:

quote:

bump

Yes, it is possible to convert an AK to an AR.

I set the EC2 Liberty Cargo class to convert to the EC2 Xanthus class.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 41
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 4:08:31 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

quote:

quote:

quote:

bump

Yes, it is possible to convert an AK to an AR.

I set the EC2 Liberty Cargo class to convert to the EC2 Xanthus class.

Thanks! But what block on which screen do I do that at?

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 42
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 7:05:00 PM   
ckammp

quote:

Thanks! But what block on which screen do I do that at?

To convert EC2 Liberty class to EC2 Xanthus:

1)From your desired scenario in the AE Editor, click "Ship Class" tab.
2)Select 2655 - EC2 Xanthus.
3)On the right of the screen, click box labeled "Convert To Class".
4)In the box to the right of the one you clicked in step 3, enter the number "375".
5)Save scenario.

When you start the scenario, you will be able to convert EC2 Liberty ships to either an AR (EC2 Xanthus) or an AP (EC2 USAT).
Note that once you upgrade the ship as an AK, you will not be able to convert to either AR or AP.

In the case of the EC2 Liberty class, it was already designed to be able to upgrade to the EC2 USAT class, so all that needed to be done was add the Bind Class value (in this case, 375) to the EC2 Xanthus class.

If you wish to add conversions to a ship class that isn't already designed to upgrade to another class, you will have to give the same Bind Class value to both the original class and the conversion class.
To add a Bind Class value, simply select a 3-digit number (make sure it isn't already being used in the editor).
For the original class, check the box labeled "Convert From Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.
For the conversion class, check the box labeled "Conversion To Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.

If you want to be able to convert a ship after it upgrades in it's original class, you must add the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class" in the ship's upgrade slots.
For example, if you want the EC2 Liberty class(slot 2406) to upgrade as an AK, then convert to either AR or AP, you must go to it's upgrade(slot 2506) and enter the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class". Also do the same for the EC2 Xanthus slots. (the EC2 USAT doesn't upgrade)

Hope this helps.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 43
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/8/2010 10:16:14 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

quote:

Thanks! But what block on which screen do I do that at?

To convert EC2 Liberty class to EC2 Xanthus:

1)From your desired scenario in the AE Editor, click "Ship Class" tab.
2)Select 2655 - EC2 Xanthus.
3)On the right of the screen, click box labeled "Convert To Class".
4)In the box to the right of the one you clicked in step 3, enter the number "375".
5)Save scenario.

When you start the scenario, you will be able to convert EC2 Liberty ships to either an AR (EC2 Xanthus) or an AP (EC2 USAT).
Note that once you upgrade the ship as an AK, you will not be able to convert to either AR or AP.

In the case of the EC2 Liberty class, it was already designed to be able to upgrade to the EC2 USAT class, so all that needed to be done was add the Bind Class value (in this case, 375) to the EC2 Xanthus class.

If you wish to add conversions to a ship class that isn't already designed to upgrade to another class, you will have to give the same Bind Class value to both the original class and the conversion class.
To add a Bind Class value, simply select a 3-digit number (make sure it isn't already being used in the editor).
For the original class, check the box labeled "Convert From Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.
For the conversion class, check the box labeled "Conversion To Class" and enter the Bind Class value in the adjacent box.

If you want to be able to convert a ship after it upgrades in it's original class, you must add the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class" in the ship's upgrade slots.
For example, if you want the EC2 Liberty class(slot 2406) to upgrade as an AK, then convert to either AR or AP, you must go to it's upgrade(slot 2506) and enter the Bind Class value and check "Convert To Class". Also do the same for the EC2 Xanthus slots. (the EC2 USAT doesn't upgrade)

Hope this helps.

Many, many thanks! Tjat's exactly what I needed!

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 44
RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread - 4/9/2010 12:36:25 AM   
gajdacs zsolt

I have a few questions regarding devices, i hope these were not asked before.
(I'm modding AFVs)

I'm asking these because the manual doesn't really give a clear explanation.

What distance was used for the penetration value? 1000m? 500m? What is this value based on? Is the angle of impact (in case of sloped armor) taken into account?

Armor: Am i correct in assuming that the frontal value (which is the highest usually) is used here? Is sloping somehow taken into account, or is this just the "raw" thickness of the armor?

Anti-armor: This seems to be the same as penetration, am i correct in this?

Anti-soft: I tried figuring this one out, but so far it eluded me. I saw no relation to effect or penetration, what is it based on? What does it do?

Load cost: From what is this calculated? I saw several japanese light tanks with the value of 10, even though they greatly differed in size and weight.

Thank you very much!

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Admirals Edition Editor Thread Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI