Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (information safe for Allies to read)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (information safe for Allies to read) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (information safe fo... - 1/5/2008 11:57:14 AM   
Delyn Locksmiths

quote:

Here is my AAR of the Axis and Allies game we are playing. Please if you're an Allied player, don't read any further until the game has ended.

Other players, I'm facing the combined industrial might of the USA and USSR. And the USA's war effort is marshalled by some very experienced generals. So feel free to offer advice.

I'll leave this warning up a couple of hours, then get posting the turn 1 AAR.

It is now safe to read, I have covered up the classified information, and am posting one turn late anyway - by the time you read of my attacks, you will all be speaking Japanese!

< Message edited by Delyn Locksmiths -- 1/6/2008 1:07:16 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/5/2008 2:03:40 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

Japan starts at a massive industrial handicap of 25vp-60vp. And trapped between two hostile foes - the US and the USSR. Despite our peacful nature, we shall have to attack these wolves before they crank up their production and crush us. News has also come to us that Germany is struggling in it's offensive against the Russian bear. So we have sent a fleet to the russian far east, either Russia will divert resources from the German front to counter my threat, or she'll have Japanese troops occuping her eastern ports.

Now to gain some of America's industrial capacity. From our bases in Manchuria, Kwantang and Burma we have launched a three pronged assault on the Yankee troops aiding the chinese resistance. Battle is likely to be joined in turn 2, and a full report will be given here.

On a less happy note, our carrier fleet approached Hawaii, we scrambled our planes to attack an unidentified Yankee fleet, and flew straight into their main battle group. We lost most of our carrier air power, and to compound matters, our fleet was badly mauled in the ensuing naval battle.

Meanwhile, with the loss of our carrier fleet, rumours have gripped the civilian population of an American invasion fleet heading for our island. The ministry of propaganda assures us that the US is mustering it's power in the atlantic for a landing in Europe. I hope they are correct, even so, our air fleet and naval defence units are put on full alert, if the yankee scum comes near, we shall send his ships to the bottom of the pacific, as we did at pearl harbour.

I believe I made a an even larger mistake than the carrier battle on this turn. I should have landed in Australia before the factory there started churning out production. That opportunity has now gone for ever.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Delyn Locksmiths -- 1/5/2008 5:04:50 PM >

(in reply to Delyn Locksmiths)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/5/2008 2:04:22 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

Anyone know why my image file isn't working?

< Message edited by Delyn Locksmiths -- 1/5/2008 2:06:32 PM >

Post #: 3
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/5/2008 3:39:57 PM   
Barthheart

Delyn,

Maybe try putting the pics in using the forum form. You can embed pics right in your message if they are less than 500K and .jpg format like this one. Just check the box at the bottom and click "Click here to upload".

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Barthheart -- 1/5/2008 3:40:28 PM >

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Post #: 4
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/5/2008 4:22:20 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

Thanks Bartheart.

Now do you know how I get screenshots of other screens? Like the combat results etc. Other AAR's have them, but in my screenshot folder I just get a start of turn and end of turn screenshot.

< Message edited by Delyn Locksmiths -- 1/5/2008 7:53:35 PM >

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/6/2008 10:40:46 AM   
Delyn Locksmiths

The campaign on the chinese mainland is going well. The Americans and Chinese forces counterattacked, but our superior forces, and the air cover from the Imperial air force ensured we threw them back yet again. The screenshot is of the end of the 2nd turn, And China has fallen. The X marks the spot of a major battle, and a heavy defeat for the americans. They suffered horrrendous losses. I expect one more strong counterattck, but the americans are fighting a losing battle here, if they recapture China they will take heavy losses, and they will be completley overrun next turn.

I expect that they would rather fall back and try and mount somekind of defence of sinkang province.

The japanese fleet (with no marines on board) made a scout of Australia, confirming my previous thought, I should have launched an invasion, but too late now, still to some extent the capture of China has made up for this.

In preperation for my landings in the Soviet far east, the Imperial Navy heavily shelled Soviet coastal positions.

There was another naval battle as the Americans steamed into the remnants of our carrier fleet, we lost our remaining naval air capacity, but the ships managed to flee, and are now safely in port.

News filters through that Lenningrad is close to capitulation, this is indeed good news, unfortunatley the americans declared war on peacful and defenceless Spain, and they now occupy Madrid. The Germans now have three major armies to contend with in the European cockpit.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Delyn Locksmiths -- 1/6/2008 10:41:27 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/6/2008 3:05:55 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Delyn Locksmiths

Thanks Bartheart.

Now do you know how I get screenshots of other screens? Like the combat results etc. Other AAR's have them, but in my screenshot folder I just get a start of turn and end of turn screenshot.

I just use the "Print Screen" button on my keyboard. Then paste into and crop down with MS Paint.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Post #: 7
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/6/2008 7:11:06 PM   
lomyrin

The Leningrad schools have changed their curriculums to do everything in the german language to properly reflect the realities of life.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 8
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/6/2008 11:48:53 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

Turn 3, The Japanese Empire continues to expand, and our industrial capacity is slowly cranking up!

The war in China is going well, the first screenshot is of the situation at the end of our turn, our forces are much more mobile than the fleeing Americans, and we hope to be able to outflank and outrun them, they will soon be crushed. And then we can turn our attention to the Soviet Union.

The fleet off the Soviet far east, having created the required diversion has steamed back into the Pacific to help combat the growing American naval threat.

Again the island is gripped with rumours of an American invasion fleet, the American carrier fleet has been steaming towards Japan, and taking a battering as a result, now with the fleet almost upon us, an off course Zero has spotted another fleet - he just managed to radio in the report before he was shot down. We know nothing of the fleet composition, but are ready to repel any invaders.

And talking of Invaders, it seems the black propaganda we were spreading threatening an invasion of Australia has done it's work. Whilst Britain was busy building machinery of war and fortifying Australia, we managed to land in New Zealand unopposed - and add another vp to our industrial capacity.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/7/2008 3:44:00 PM   
BULLDOGINTHEUK

Come on Tweber, push the yellow menace out of Manchuria .

Post #: 10
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/7/2008 6:53:06 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

He's actually trying to push me out of Japan! All that to come in the next turn's AAR!

(in reply to BULLDOGINTHEUK)
Post #: 11
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/19/2008 2:08:24 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

Right, Sorry about the delay, The Japanese emporor has been incredibly busy, and has barely had time to issue war orders, never mind fill his diary!

Whilst the war on the Chinese mainland was going very well, and the Americans pushed right back to their last Bunker at Sinkang, the Yankees tried a counterattack It's very difficult to stop Sea Invasions in AT, all the more so when the fleets have massive movement like in this scenario, but with air support, especially on the Japanese mainland it's incredibly easy to push invaders back into the sea - which is what I did.

Here are the pitures before I counterattcked the American beachheads, and after.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 12
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/19/2008 2:09:53 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

My navy also engaged the Southern US fleet, it looks like the next few turns will be taken up hunting down and sinking the US pacific fleet!

Attachment (1)

Post #: 13
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/19/2008 6:28:41 PM   
lomyrin

I wish that I only had to contend with minor invasions like the ones pictured above. My Germany is being battered by large American and English forces that take my attention off the Russians.

Lars

Post #: 14
RE: Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (Allies don't read) - 1/19/2008 8:35:04 PM   
Delyn Locksmiths

That was a long time ago, major invasions every turn now, by the Brits mostly. But we might well meet up at Moscow soon!

(in reply to lomyrin)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> After Action Reports >> Axis and Allies PBEM, Japanese AAR (information safe for Allies to read) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI