Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reinforcing Battles Question....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Reinforcing Battles Question.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/3/2008 9:13:48 PM   
AresMars

Okay, I have not been able to figure this out yet and I am looking for help.

1 - How do you CHOOSE which adjacent CORPS or LEADERS/CORPS will be rolled for and possibly added to the battle in a particular round (ie. 2/3).

2 - Is there a way to know with CORPS or LEADER/CORPS are available to reinforce any particular battle BEFORE it begins or DURING the battle? (Other then rememebering before we begin...)

Thanks in advance...

AresMars

Post #: 1
RE: Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/3/2008 10:39:11 PM   
Jimmer

I can't answer that question directly, but I can give a side question's answer, and that might help you:

When you reinforce, all individual corps automatically try. I think that's a rules change from the original rules.

However, if there is a stack with a leader on it, whether due to a game bug, rule change, or whatever, it allows you to add that leader's corps counters one at a time. In fact, it REQUIRES they be added one at a time.

It may be possible (I haven't tried this -- I always want BIG stacks! :)) that one could succeed with a leader, and then only pick only a subset of the corps to actually add to the combat. Try it!

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 2
RE: Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/4/2008 3:08:45 PM   
pzgndr

I'm curious about this also. There could be an orders option for corps to reinforce or not. I can think of cases where I would want or need an adjacent corps/leader to attempt reinforcement or stay in place.

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 3
RE: Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/4/2008 5:42:06 PM   
Jimmer

Yes, I agree that there should be a way to CHOOSE which corps will attempt to reinforce. Perhaps as a "standing order" ("Never reinforce").

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to pzgndr)
Post #: 4
RE: Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/4/2008 5:55:31 PM   
AresMars

Having played with this issue a little, it seems that when you click <reinforce> ALL possible stacks roll and THEN you only click those Corps that you want to join the battle in that specific round.

Now, I did this early this morning (3am EST), so I need to verify this again before I am 100% sure.

I would appreciate someone else also checking to see if my understanding is correct.

Not a simple solution but workable......now I need to figure out how ALLIES would reinforce a battle....if at all possible.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 5
RE: Reinforcing Battles Question.... - 1/4/2008 7:19:48 PM   
Jimmer

You could be right. I haven't tried ignoring the reinforce successes of a single corps. If that works, it solves the problem.

At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?

(in reply to AresMars)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Reinforcing Battles Question.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI