Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? - 12/31/2007 5:36:44 PM   
Grognot

During a UK conquest of North Africa, UK was unable to use invasion supply in -one- case -- where an allied fleet was in the same sea zone, and also was using invasion supply. The basic pre-reqs were unchanged throughout (same heavy fleet earmarked for remaining in the sea zone, same fleets in London w/ depot, same lack of enemy fleets in the way).

Message was "Can't move or place unit here", not "<blah> is not in valid supply chain" -- which suggests that it's a stacking problem.
Post #: 1
RE: Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? - 12/31/2007 5:46:04 PM   
Jimmer

You cannot add factors using invasion supply.

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 2
RE: Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? - 12/31/2007 7:44:29 PM   
Grognot

Wasn't trying to.  Was trying to place a depot to *provide* invasion supply.

(in reply to Jimmer)
Post #: 3
RE: Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? - 12/31/2007 9:10:00 PM   
Monadman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognot

During a UK conquest of North Africa, UK was unable to use invasion supply in -one- case -- where an allied fleet was in the same sea zone, and also was using invasion supply. The basic pre-reqs were unchanged throughout (same heavy fleet earmarked for remaining in the sea zone, same fleets in London w/ depot, same lack of enemy fleets in the way).

Message was "Can't move or place unit here", not "<blah> is not in valid supply chain" -- which suggests that it's a stacking problem.

If the ally fleet with depot onboard, was in the same sea area then you cannot place your depot in that sea area as there is a one depot per area restriction (except for when EiANW 10.3.2 applies).

Richard

(in reply to Grognot)
Post #: 4
RE: Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? - 12/31/2007 9:32:26 PM   
Grognot

Ahhhhh.  T'was irritating, given North African supply values, and the fact that the Spanish weren't actually making a serious invasion there.  It might be an interesting tactic for "neutral" majors to block the use of invasion supply of others...

(in reply to Monadman)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Invasion supply -- two+ in same space impossible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI