Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT? 2007 in Retrospect

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OT? 2007 in Retrospect Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT? 2007 in Retrospect - 12/31/2007 3:12:12 AM   
KG Erwin

What a year this was -- I made it to 50 years old, which, all things considered, was an accomplishment in of itself.

We saw an unexpected reunion (Led Zeppelin), and suffered an irreplacable loss -- Luciano Pavarotti. Right now I'm listening to a live recording of "Nessun Dorma" -- no one has yet surpassed his performance of this.

I'm sure we all had memorable experiences from this year, smartass replies excepted.
Post #: 1
RE: OT? 2007 in Retrospect - 12/31/2007 4:19:41 AM   
Veldor

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
smartass replies excepted.

Is that some sort of a challenge?

2007 Memorable Experiences:

1. Finding out who 4 out of the 5 remaining cylons were on Battlestar Galactica (And still holding out hope that I turn out to be the last one!).
2. Obtaining a new computer wargame I still actually cared greatly for over a month after its release (Advanced Tactics).
3. Learning the true meaning of the phrase "Double-Mortgage" and enjoying the bliss that comes with that finally going away after a year in today's real-estate market.
4. Getting a promotion and a big raise (Helpful given #3 above).
5. Learning what the "Red Ring of Death" was and, after being shocked by it, further being shocked at how quickly and easily mine was resolved.
6. Giving in to the Wii Hype and purchasing one so I can play marble madness the way god intended once the Wii Floor Platform thingy is released early '08.
7. Experiencing another physical hard drive crash without a good backup and apparantly still not fully learning that personal lesson.

That's it.. That's all that was memorable in the year 2007 for me!

The real question though is what in 2007 was memorable enough that you will still remember it in another 10 years!!!

For me nothing! So let's get on with 2008 then and hope for better things to come!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 2
RE: OT? 2007 in Retrospect - 1/1/2008 5:02:55 PM   
CCB

1.  Police reunion! 
2.  Jimmy Johnson wins 2nd straight Nextel Cup
3.  Cowboys 12-3
4.  Turned 40

Peux Ce Que Veux
in den vereinigten staaten hergestellt

(in reply to Veldor)
Post #: 3
RE: OT? 2007 in Retrospect - 1/2/2008 2:11:52 AM   
ravinhood

First year ever to not buy any newly released game. There weren't any games out there that impressed me enough to buy them upon release. That's pretty sad really. I bought everything bargain bin or on SALE. I'm pretty sure though SPORES will get me this year I've been waiting on that one for awhile now.

Enjoyed reading about Paris Hilton going to jail and then her QQing about it.

Watched Barry Bonds hit 755 and 756 home runs.

Laughed as the Cowboys kept the Vikings out of the playoffs by letting the Redskins beat them easily. Only to watch the Vikings blow their chance anyways as they always do the last game of the season. Anyone remember that Vik/Cards game where the Cards beat em in the last second. Kept them out of the playoffs all they had to do was beat the Cards hahah I hate Minn Vikings. ;)

(in reply to CCB)
Post #: 4
RE: OT? 2007 in Retrospect - 1/2/2008 2:20:24 PM   
Kuokkanen

I got Wii as christmas gift. Now I just need get games for it, starting from Metroid Prime
I took active part in two game conventions in Finland. See report
When playing MegaMek, I had MAD-3M that in first turn took 20+ damage, failed piloting roll, and falling damage floating TACed (Through Armor Critical) leg clean off

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to ravinhood)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> OT? 2007 in Retrospect Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI