Real mod from the scenario bank.

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here. Post any Community Site Requests here as well.

Moderator: Vic

Delyn Locksmiths

Real mod from the scenario bank.

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

If I download and install this mod, will i still be able to play unmodded scenarios? i.e. am i left with two lots of graphic files? Or am I restricted to just using scenarios designed with these graphics?
EricSilver_MatrixForum

RE: Real mod from the scenario bank.

Post by EricSilver_MatrixForum »

I've played a few scenarios with the real mod and I don't see a problem with it. In fact I've renamed the "real.ptmaster" file to "generic.ptmaster" so that all scenarios use this mod.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

I've played some games with teh "Real" mod, but also games using the stad terrain set.

So they seem to coexist just fine.

Rick
Delyn Locksmiths

Post by Delyn Locksmiths »

Does this mod work with the new patch? I've not installed it before, but after patching my AT to 1.1 (Xmas Patch) I tried installing the real mod. Then, when I tried loading ardennes2 it gives me a list of files it cannot find (same kinda communication as when it tells me the version the game was saved under), but seems to work ok [&:]
Vic

Post by Vic »

It should work fine. It works fine with me.

Kind regards,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
montarakid

Post by montarakid »

Eric, I don't seem able to find the "real.ptmaster" file. Give me directions? Thanks.
"If brute force doesn't work, you aren't using enough brute force." - mTk
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: montarakid

Eric, I don't seem able to find the "real.ptmaster" file. Give me directions? Thanks.

did you download the ReaL mod from the community web site? the link is here on this site http://www.advancedtactics.org/

You need to register to download

Rick
montarakid

Post by montarakid »

Rick, yeah went back and checked and I did all that. I think I found the file. It is called "Real2.ptmaster?", not "Real.ptmaster" I believe? That's the one I modify if I wish to use the new "Real" terrain mod in all scenarios, both set and random?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick, yeah went back and checked and I did all that. I think I found the file. It is called "Real2.ptmaster?", not "Real.ptmaster" I believe? That's the one I modify if I wish to use the new "Real" terrain mod in all scenarios, both set and random?

I beleive thats correct. I've only used it for a couple of games. normally I stick with the default terrain. But I just looked and looks like Real2 is the file not real.

Rick
montarakid

Post by montarakid »

Rick, I'm surely doing something wrong. I found the <real2.ptmaster> (what's pt?)AND the <generic.ptmaster> file as well. I deleted <real2.ptmster>, but I'm still not getting new map graphics in a random battle or CivilWar3 scenarios I'm playing. Does <generic.ptmaster> have to go into a specific folder?
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick, I'm surely doing something wrong. I found the <real2.ptmaster> (what's pt?)AND the <generic.ptmaster> file as well. I deleted <real2.ptmster>, but I'm still not getting new map graphics in a random battle or CivilWar3 scenarios I'm playing. Does <generic.ptmaster> have to go into a specific folder?

See pic below. When you create a random game at the menu, choose the ptmaster file you want to base it on using button shown. (pt I assume stands for peoples tactic predecesor to AT). But this file is only read when you start a game, or a random game, not when you open saved games, so you have to do this to start with.

If you already have a game going with the real2.ptmaster, it will use it until you start a new game.

But if you want the alternate grapfhic from the Real2 mod, dont erase the real2/ptmaster. you need it to use those graphics.

Rick

Attachments
random.jpg
random.jpg (48.23 KiB) Viewed 130 times
montarakid

Post by montarakid »

Rick - Got it! Where do I go to use the graphics mod when starting a pre-set scenario?
Salvaged the <real2.ptmaster> file from my trash bin. <g> Although the newly modded graphics look so much better I don't see me using the standard graphics under most circumstances.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

Rick - Got it! Where do I go to use the graphics mod when starting a pre-set scenario?
Salvaged the <real2.ptmaster> file from my trash bin. <g> Although the newly modded graphics look so much better I don't see me using the standard graphics under most circumstances.

I'm not sure, but I think nick? rebuilt some of the canned scenarios to use his mod. I think he simply put a 2 at the end of the file name.

So load up the scenario with the 2 in the name, like Ardennes2 instead of Ardennes. I dont know which ones he did.

If he didn't do one for scenario you want, I THINK you can load the scenario, go into edit ---> setting --- master file and read in the real2.ptmaster. I thought I read that the only difference between the generic.ptmaster and the real2.ptmaster was the terrain graphics.

But I don't know if the v1.1 realize made any changes to the generic.ptmaster or not, that would probably have to be answering by Vic, (or maybe Twebber would know). or maybe nick69 would know.

Rick

there's actually a thread in the mods section on his terrain mod, something in titial about real mod I think. Nick69 I think is his forum name. You might get more knowledgeable answers there.

Rick
Vic

Post by Vic »

@Rick,
&nbsp;
Yes i made some slight nudges to the generic.ptmaster, so the real2.ptmaster is no slightly out of date. However for the Gold version of v1.1 i will upgrade it (so it lets the AI build flak too among others) and include it in the download!
&nbsp;
kind regards,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
montarakid

Post by montarakid »

Well, finally managed to figure out how to make the "Real2.ptmaster" file work...and it turns out I don't really like it all that much. LOL! In reality/application I think the whole thing looks a bit dark, washed out, and dull. The icons for cities/towns are hard to differentiate from the woods. A little disappointed.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Support”