Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

another one?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> another one? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
another one? - 12/15/2007 2:08:26 PM   
ndrose

Not sure whether this is a bug, or just the way the rules work.

My understanding is that is a major is allied with a minor and another major DOWs the first, the allied minor becomes a free state. (At least I think I've seen that happen.)

So, Austria is allied to Portugal. Austria DOWs France. France calls allies. Turkey DOWs Austria. But Portugal is still just allied, not a free state.

Is that because the Turkish DOW was a response to a call for allies and not a first-initiative DOW? Or should Portugal have changed status?

Nathan Rose
Post #: 1
RE: another one? - 12/15/2007 3:37:02 PM   
Suvorov928

Austria started the war, therefore, Portugal will not become a Free State.  Turkey's declaration on Austria is in response to Austria's initial agression, so allied minors will not respond.  Now, if France had declared war on Austria, then Portugal would have become a Free State.

(in reply to ndrose)
Post #: 2
RE: another one? - 12/15/2007 4:33:33 PM   
Murat

No. If France declared on Portugal then Portugal would have become an Austrian free state. Only majors get called as allies.

(in reply to Suvorov928)
Post #: 3
RE: another one? - 12/15/2007 9:12:04 PM   
Suvorov928

No, here is the rule:

6.1.3 Ally Minor Countries

Allied minor countries are treated as Influenced minor countries with the following additions;

Ø    If war is declared upon an allied major power, the allied minor country will automatically declare war upon the aggressor and will be setup by the allied major power during the next reinforcement phase.

Ø    If an allied major power was the major power to declare war on its allied minor country, the allied major power will lose an additional one political point for breaking the alliance.

Ø    If two major powers have an alliance and one major power ally declares war on the other major power’s allied minor country then this action will cause a break in the alliance between the two major powers.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 4
RE: another one? - 12/15/2007 10:41:38 PM   
nappy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suvorov928

Ø    If war is declared upon an allied major power, the allied minor country will automatically declare war upon the aggressor and will be setup by the allied major power during the next reinforcement phase.

Yes, but Turkey's DoWing is the result of call to allies and thsus it does NOT make them an agressor. You, as AS, started the DoW chain and therefore you are are the agressor, so the minor is not bound by the call.

Naps

(in reply to Suvorov928)
Post #: 5
RE: another one? - 12/15/2007 10:49:43 PM   
Suvorov928

Which is what I said in my first reply.

(in reply to nappy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> another one? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI