Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help - 12/13/2007 9:56:10 PM   
Johnus

I 've had this game since it came out, but I'm just now learning it. I love FOF and decided to try Cog again. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm learning with the 1805 scenario as France. I do fine in the military area. However, my treasury gets depleted immediately. How do I rectify this ?? Do I need to rectify this ?? I'm finding the economic and trade game a trifle confusing.

Anyone ?? Thanks.

< Message edited by Johnnie -- 12/14/2007 4:37:48 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Help - 12/13/2007 10:39:56 PM   
ericbabe

The initial conditions for France in 1805 are designed to simulate the real economic problems France was going through at the time, and is one of the bigger challenges in playing France. One of the biggest things you can do is try to minimize your military expenses: use foraging instead of depots, try to keep your military campaign against Austria nice and short. You can start raising the tax rate right away as well. You can also try trading some of your resources for money.

One of the things we plan to do in the expansion pack is to add a simpler economic model as a game option, as a number of people thought that the economic system in COG was more complicated than they wanted to deal with.

< Message edited by ericbabe -- 12/13/2007 10:40:02 PM >

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 2
RE: Help - 12/13/2007 10:41:01 PM   
jimwinsor

You can drop military readiness. Raise taxes. Foreign trade is good...ship off excess commodities for cash. Have your armies forage whenever possible, minimize depots. Station troops in a city for lower maintenence.

Streaming as "Grognerd" at https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 3
RE: Help - 12/14/2007 4:41:57 AM   
Johnus

Thank you gents.

Another question. Is there a quick way to determine who is attacking and who is defending in a detailed battle ?? The strategic situation moves pretty quickly and it's not always easy to tell.

(in reply to jimwinsor)
Post #: 4
RE: Help - 12/14/2007 6:34:52 PM   
1LTRambo

I have not found a listing, option, or button for this in the game. Through playing, I figured out that the Army moving into a province is the attacker and the one already in the province is the defender. So for example: You are France and have two Corps in Switzerland (a province you control) and Austria moves an Army with two Corps against you. France is the defender and Austria is the defender.
Hope that helps.

(in reply to Johnus)
Post #: 5
RE: Help - 12/14/2007 7:25:01 PM   
ericbabe

The defender is always in the bottom/left side of detailed combat; the attacker always in the top/right side.  In almost all situations, the defender is the player that had the unit in the province for the longest uninterrupted duration.

(in reply to 1LTRambo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory >> Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI